This seminar has been canceled due to low enrollment.
This course will briefly cover the different types of access control currently available in the marketplace. The presentation will describe the advantages and disadvantages of each system and explain how to determine the best fit for your project. Card reader, Card, FOB, phone technologies, and encryption concerns will all be discussed. Learn how to communicate this scope clearly in your design documents regardless of the level of your firm’s Division 28 responsibility in the project.
Date, time, location
Friday, March 16
8:00 am to 10:00 am
International Market Square, Suite 185
275 Market Street, Minneapolis 55405
Includes handout and continental breakfast
AIA Members $40
1.75 HSW LU Hours
Attendees will be able to:
- Examine mechanical, stand-alone, and networked access control products and become familiar with the common terminology used to describe their deployment.
- Explore how technologies convergence is driving the development of new and sophisticated electronic access control door hardware solutions.
- Examine available card technologies and associated risks.
- Examine the advantages and disadvantages of intelligent electronic access control products and their appropriate applications.
- Ask the correct questions and use the best language when writing electronic access control products into specifications.
Contact Deanna Christiansen, Continuing Education Director