A collaborative venture between AIA Minnesota and the Star Tribune, the Home of the Month program seeks to support a growing residential architecture community and educate the public regarding the benefits and value an architect brings to the building process; the diverse housing design choices open to homeowners; and the many possibilities of project scope and price range in which architects work with homeowner clients.
Each year since 2002, 12 residential projects have been selected from among a pool of submissions to be featured once a month in the Star Tribune’s Sunday Homes section. The featured projects are evaluated by a jury of peers and selected according to how well a project encourages a sense of place; how the finished work represents the homeowner’s vision of home; and how it responds to its surrounding context.
2016-17 Home of the Month Projects Announced
AIA Minnesota and the Star Tribune are pleased to announce the twelve projects selected to be featured between June 2016 and May 2017 on the first Sunday of each month of the Homes section:
- Deephaven Colonial, Albertsson Hansen Architecture
- Porch Cabin II, SALA Architects
- Sheridan Residence, Peterssen/Keller Architecture
- Project Dom, Swan Architecture
- Inside the Box, Rehkamp Larson Architects
- Ripple Island Cabin, Ken Stone, AIA
- Park Point Prospect, TEA2 Architects
- Cottagewood Residence, Peterssen/Keller Architecture
- Island Retreat, David Heide Design Studio
- Vatten Liv, Kell Architects
- East Coast Meets Midwest, EJ Hansen, AIA
- Basswood Ranch, Peterssen/Keller Architecture