AIA Minnesota will host the 2019 Women’s Leadership Summit on September 12-14 at the Hyatt Regency in Minneapolis.
The first AIA Women’s Leadership Summit began as a grassroots effort to bring together women principals, directors/managers, and architects and designers in architecture firms, including those moving into leadership roles, for an intense two-day summit focusing on leadership and design. The event is held bi-annually and draws a diverse range of women in architecture career positions and stages, supporting all women in the profession. Six hundred architecture and design professionals from around the nation are expected to attend the summit in 2019.
- Raise the profile of women in the profession.
- Share and promote the design work of women.
- Explore new paths to leadership.
- Provide education opportunities related to women in the profession.
- Learn from one another.
The 2019 summit will offer educational sessions, tours of local significant architecture, wellness activities and tours of local architecture firms.
AIA Minnesota’s Women in Architecture Committee invites local firms to consider applying to host a tour for summit attendees.
WHAT IS A FIRM TOUR?
Firm Tours are an opportunity for firms to showcase their office and share their “Women in Leadership” story with national summit attendees. We welcome a variety of firms to participate in order to reflect the diversity of the Twin Cities culture and professional practice. Since these events are part of the Women’s Leadership Summit, we ask that firms highlight women’s roles in leadership and/or efforts to support and grow women into leadership positions.
WHO ATTENDS THE TOURS?
As part of the summit registration, attendees have the option to select a particular firm to tour based upon descriptions provided by hosting firms. Hosting firms will host 10-30 attendees, pending interest and space limitations.
WHEN DOES A FIRM TOUR HAPPEN?
Tours are planned for Friday, September 13, 2019 following the full-day educational sessions. Exact timing will be determined in early February but is anticipated to be between 5-7 pm. Tours should last approximately 60 minutes.
Before completing an application, please ensure that:
- Your office has space to accommodate 10-30 people (or firms may alternately host a happy hour or other event at a location within a reasonable distance from the Hyatt Regency Minneapolis);
- You can provide hosts/guides who are able to best tell the “Women in Leadership” story. Suggested one guide/host per 10 people, including firm leadership;
- Your firm can provide happy hour refreshments (snacks and beverages).
- Presentation (15-20 minutes); presentation may include information about office culture, work portfolio, and “Women in Leadership” story
- Office tour (15-20 minutes)
- Social (30-45 minutes)
Following tours, summit attendees will depart for Dine Around sessions at nearby restaurants, where attendees are encouraged to share stories across a dinner table. It is suggested that hosting firms have one or more employees who are summit attendees, who can continue with the group to participate in the Dine Around.
Deadline to submit an application is Friday, December 14, 2019 by 11:59 PM CST.