||Imagine working for a truly global company whose 45,000 employees share a singular passion: to make the world a better place. We enjoy what we do at AECOM. We bring projects to life in the cities and communities in which we work, and we're driven by a set of values and a common purpose - to create, enhance and sustain the world's built, natural and social environments. Innovation is built into every project we manage and every community we serve. We'll provide you support in an environment that allows you to grow and succeed. Come share your passion with us.
AECOM Shared Services
We support our employees globally by coordinating and managing the day-to-day operations of General Accounting, Human Resources, Administration, Marketing and Information Technology. We pride ourselves on ensuring we deliver the best customer service possible to our people while building trust and relationships with all of our constituents.
AECOM is currently seeking a District General Manager - Upper Midwest District of the US covering Wisconsin, Minnesota, South Dakota and North Dakota. This position will report to the Regional Executive Leader for the US Central Region. The District General Manager will be responsible for the technical practice, project performance, and operational management of all areas and offices within a district, approximately 600 employees and up to 10 direct reports. Determines and executes the strategic direction to ensure growth and financial profitability. Ensures the overall management of the district, and oversees multiple disciplines/practices/business lines within the district.
- Provides operational leadership for a district, which spans multiple states.
- Leads a team of senior managers including Area Managers and District Managers to achieve district goals, which in turn support region and geography goals.
- Manages operational matters for all business lines within a district including, but not limited to, project management and delivery, technical excellence, client service delivery, client satisfaction, claims resolution, quality, resource deployment, employee development and training, safety, and facility management.
- Responsible for profitability of all units within a district, including revenue generation, project margin achievement, DSO, G&A, and utilization.
- Develops annual budget, prepares financial outlook and other financial performance forecasts, manages revenue recognition, and EAC's.
- Works in collaboration with Region Business Line Leaders, Market Sector Leaders, Geopolitical Managers and Account Managers to develop strategies for enhancing current and developing new business opportunities, capture of new business, and increased market share.
- Ensures proper resources are available, developed and acquired to meet the current and future delivery requirements of the district.
- Oversees workload balancing and sharing of resources and recruiting.
- Is a member of the Region Management Team, focused on optimizing the overall performance of the region.
- Responsible for managing and developing employees in accordance with AECOM core values and performance management competencies, including managing talent and proactively supporting the performance management and succession planning processes.
- Reinforces collaboration and team building, ensures client focus, demonstrates commitment to excellence and innovation, and motivates - others to ensure positive morale and engagement.
- Ensures that AECOM programs such as Sustainability, Corporate Social Responsibility, and Ethics & Compliance are an overriding part of the organizational culture.
Key Performance Indicators: NSR, internal NSR transfer, gross margin, G&A, loss margin, GOI, pre-VC EBITA, DSO, sales, claims paid, employee acquisition/development/engagement/retention, client satisfaction, SHE, office space utilization.
- Bachelors or advanced degree required
- 15+ years related experience, including 8+ years profit & loss management, business development and/or operations management
- Documented experience developing and managing large private sector accounts, client relationships should be current and active.
- Strong management, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship building skills with a dedication to developing lasting client partnerships (internally and externally) and to maximizing employee engagement
- An energetic and enthusiastic coach and mentor driven by diverse and challenging projects, with an ability to recognize and develop talent
Comfort with a corporate structure and the associated administrative and reporting requirements (e.g., quality management, health and safety, SOX reporting, etc.).
- Knowledge and experience with execution of projects and programs within the planning, engineering, and construction management business
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Agile and responsive to changing demands
- Proven track record of growth and business management
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=1577284-2073-6853