AECOM is a global provider of professional technical and management support
services to a broad range of markets, including transportation, facilities,
environmental, energy, water and government. With approximately 45,000
employees around the world, AECOM is a leader in all of the key markets that it
serves. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation,
and technical excellence in delivering solutions that create, enhance and
sustain the world's built, natural, and social environments. A Fortune 500
company, AECOM serves clients in more than 100 countries and had revenue of $7.0
billion during the 12 months ended Dec. 31, 2010. More information on AECOM and
its services can be found at www.aecom.com.To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE
Building Engineering We deliver creative solutions for building projects for
industry, government, commercial and leisure sectors. Our building engineering
specialists have expertise in structural and building services engineering, fire
engineering, acoustics, facades and seismic design. We embed sustainability
principles in every design.
Mechanical Engineer IV
This position will report to the Director of Mechanical Engineering. The
successful candidate will be expected to work as a team member and to have the
ability to handle multiple projects and work to deadlines.
- Design of building HVAC, plumbing and fire protection systems.
- Supervise the Mechanical Engineers in project design and development tasks,
including drawings, calculations, cost estimates, and specifications, respond to
client questions and comments, review contractor submittals, and provide
clarifications during construction.
- Review mechanical department design documents for completion and ensure
department personnel adhere to accepted industry and company standards.
- Assist in the development of company quality standards and procedures. Work
closely with management and department leadership to develop and implement
short- and long-range manpower and production plans to meet project objectives.
- Assist the Business Development Department in pursuing new work including
participation in client presentations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, accredited program.
- 15+ years experience with an consulting engineering firm designing building
systems, central plants and energy conservation. Experience in Healthcare,
Sports, Industrial and - Education is desirable.
- Licensed Professional Engineer.
- A thorough understanding and knowledge of the architectural and engineering
industry, including the Federal, State, and local laws and regulations that
pertain to the industry.
- Travel as required to meet training and project requirements.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience using Outlook and Microsoft Office (or similar software).
- LEED Accredited Professional Preferred.
AECOM employees around the world enjoy a wide range of benefits and competitive
compensation package. AECOM is much more than just a place to work. It's a place
where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear
and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place
where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging,
interesting, and meaningful projects world wide. It's a place that values the
diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great
place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.