||LHB has an exciting opportunity with our Architecture Group based out of our Duluth, MN office. We are seeking an Architect who shares our passions for design leadership, client loyalty, and sustainable design to join our team. The ideal candidate for this opportunity will take a tactical approach to project management and design, have a strong work ethic and excel in a fast-paced, team oriented environment. There is opportunity for leadership development and growth within our organization with this team.
• Deliver, manage & complete, accurate and coordinated project plans, specifications and construction documents within time and budget parameters while meeting and exceeding client, building code and contractual obligations and expectations
• Certify documents as required
• Develop and communicate to other discipline team members overall project goals and constraints including client objectives, design criteria, construction and design budget parameters and schedule requirements
• Interact and communicate effectively and professionally with other team members, the client and external agencies
• Assure execution of and assist with quality control activities for all architectural and engineering elements on a project
• Perform construction administration tasks including shop drawing review, change order preparation and field problem resolution.
• Participate in project interviews and marketing presentations
• Coordinate project technical assignments
• Prepare technical presentation materials and lead presentation to owner
• Coordinating LEED and B3 documentation
• Client Management
• Engage and excel at construction issue resolution and risk management.
• Professional Degree from an NAAB (or equivalent) accredited program required
• Minimum 10+ years of professional experience working in the field of Architecture
• Licensed or capable of becoming licensed as an Architect in the state of Minnesota
• Previous supervisory experience in a fast paced participatory environment
• Experience working in Sustainability strongly desired
• Experience on all phases and aspects of large and complex scale facilities projects required.
• Advanced knowledge of project design and construction documentation and construction materials
• Knowledge of Adobe, SpecLink and/ Microsoft Office Suite preferred
• Understanding of AutoCAD & Revit a plus
LHB is a multi-disciplinary engineering, architecture, and planning firm known for our design leadership and loyalty to clients. LHB goes beyond good intentions and focuses on measurable performance. We are experts in: public works, pipeline, industrial, housing, healthcare, government, education, and commercial design. LHB is dedicated to being environmentally responsible, reducing long term operating costs, and improving the quality of life for our clients.
LHB has civil, electrical, mechanical, and structural engineers, land surveyors, architects, interior designers, and landscape architects. LHB provides community planning, and designs systems, performance programs, sites, utilities, and buildings. We create performance-based design utilizing high performance guidelines including ENERGYSTAR and LEED, and measuring success with Performance Metrics™. LHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.