|Project Designer/Project Architect
||Monday, July 22
||Project Designer/Project Architect
||Perkins+Will Minneapolis is seeking a Project Designer/Project Architect responsible to guide projects from programming and pre-design through schematic design, design development, construction documents and construction administration. This individual will provide design direction to project teams and mentor junior designers.
Essential Job Functions:
• Collaborate with Design Principal to develop design concepts.
• Communicate effectively with client and project team.
• Design in accordance with project budgets, schedules, codes and ordinances.
• Review design documents for compliance with program and design concepts.
• Direct and coordinate design consultants in all phases.
• Generate and participate in client presentations and interviews.
• Promote firm goals of excellence in design, execution, and sustainability.
• Collaborate with Project Manager to organize project and document production.
• Demonstrate understanding of project management process including scope, budgets and schedule.
• Exercise maturity in architectural judgment in anticipating and solving complexities, determining program objectives and requirements.
• Stay current with evolving building technology and systems.
• Understand and coordinate engineering systems relevant to projects.
• Perform construction administration duties for conformance with design intent.
• Perform tasks in accordance Perkins+Will Standards/Project Delivery Manual.
• Establish architectural budget, task schedule and other components of the project work plan.
• Lead, organize and direct project design team.
• Participate in new business pursuits
Ideal Candidates will have:
• Professional degree in Architecture
• 6-15 years of experience
• Advanced knowledge of architectural discipline, practices and methods
• High level of conceptual creativity, innovative thinking and problem solving
• Excellent analog & digital skills that guide design thinking and documentation
• Fluent with Revit, Adobe Graphic suite, MS Office suite
• Experience directing, coordinating and mentoring work efforts of staff
• Understanding of project management process
• Collaborative work ethic.
• Strong communication skills
• LEED® AP preferred
Qualified and interested candidates should apply on line and submit resume, cover letter and representation of your work.
Perkins+Will is an EOE