||VAA, a leading multi-disciplinary engineering consulting firm, is seeking an Architect to develop, coordinate and lead an architectural production team.
The team will develop documents for a variety of industrial and agribusiness projects. Experienced design professionals should have a strong background generating and translating concepts into final solutions and in materials and methods of construction. This position will assist Project Managers from preliminary design through construction administration.
Required qualifications for any applicant are:
• Bachelors of Architecture from accredited School of Architecture
• Professional expertise demonstrated through 3-6 years’ experience
• Architecturally licensed
• Understanding and working knowledge of building codes & standards (IBC, IFC, NFPA).
• Experience with design, planning and detailing
• Competent knowledge of building materials, specifications and construction techniques
• Experience in detailing with building codes and zoning ordinances
• Significant ACAD and Revit experience required
• Knowledge and proficiency of MS Office Suite.
• High level of conceptual creativity, innovative thinking and problem solving
• Strong graphical and presentation skills
Preferred qualifications include Masters of Architecture from an accredited School of Architecture NCARB certification; current affiliation and/or membership in local, state or national industry organization(s).
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, including profit sharing. VAA is an equal opportunity employer.