||Market Sector Leader - Healthcare
Job Number: MSP131125
Leo A Daly
Established in 1915, Leo A Daly is an internationally renowned architecture, planning, engineering, interior design and program management firm. Our portfolio includes award-winning projects in 77 countries, all 50 states, and the District of Columbia. The firm currently employs approximately 800 architects, planners, engineers and interior designers in 30 offices worldwide. It consistently ranks in the top largest architecture/engineering and interior design firms in the US, and is listed in BD World Architecture’s top 25 global practices.
This position is responsible for the leadership of the Healthcare practice, and will serve as the chief strategist, advisor, and decision maker by providing insight for strategic planning and direction of business development activities and procedures. This position is responsible for cultivating business opportunities within the Healthcare Market Sector by developing, leading, and managing client relations with key Healthcare (Public and Private) institutions. This position is also responsible for overseeing Healthcare Market Sector Project Managers and professional staff to ensure results meet client expectations and deadlines, and are completed in accordance to the design standards and procedures of LEO A DALY.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Establish and discuss market sector goals, objectives, design standards and procedures with Managing Principal, Director of Business Development, Director of Design, and Project Managers
• Act as a mentor for the Healthcare team by taking an active role the development of department personnel provide motivation, support continuous education, and encourage professional registration and accreditation
• Identify training needs for department personnel to improve technical competence and efficiency; provide assistance for less experienced Project Managers, Senior Project professionals and other team members
• Determine the personnel needs for the Healthcare Market Sector and individual projects based upon the current and projected workload; convey personnel needs to the Director of Operations and participate in the recruitment, interviewing and selection of candidates for new employment opportunities, promotions, and transfers
• Review the performance and work quality of department personnel and conduct evaluations on an annual basis or as needed; provide recognition for outstanding contributions and recommendations for areas of improvement
• Participate and lead departmental meetings and design reviews with Healthcare team personnel
• Coordinate with Project Managers to determine scope, complexity, and scheduling requirements of projects; determine personnel needs with most appropriate individual qualifications; prepare manpower and cost estimates as required
• Collaborate with National Healthcare Market Sector Leader and Maintain contact with other office Healthcare Market Sector Leaders to stay abreast of the quality and capabilities of other company branch offices and their personnel and to assure coordination of Minneapolis Healthcare Practice with organization’s Healthcare practice.
• Initiate, execute, and maintain extensive contacts with key representatives of Healthcare Market institutions, organizations, and agencies who have authority over reviewing the company’s qualifications, contracts, and technical services
• Coordinate the responsibilities of the Business Development Director in support of Healthcare Market Sector outreach
• Build strong networks with design professionals specialized in the industry and establish circles of influence to identify prospective opportunities and solicit support for business development
• Manage the marketing efforts for specific projects within the market sector; develop programs for promotional campaigns specific to the clients’ needs, interests and budgets
• Collaborate with the Marketing Manager and Regional Business Development Director in the development and updating of corporate promotional materials including the submittal and reporting of information pertaining to capabilities and experience of Project Managers, and design professionals; highlight featured and award-winning projects within the market sector
• Collaborate with National Healthcare Market Sector Leader for on-going Healthcare market strategic development.
• Review and recommend contract changes and gain client approval of improved contracts; support and engage in preparation of proposals
• Maintain pipeline of advanced stage opportunities measuring at least 3 times annual business goal
• Work with the National Healthcare Market Sector Leader, Managing Principal, and Business Development Director to establish and implement the Healthcare business development budget and plan; oversee expenditures of the department and constantly monitor project progress and costs with team members
• Contract new work meeting market goals established annually. Individual new contracted work goals may be expected at levels between 25 and 40 times annual salary.
• Review department and project financial statistics, and make necessary adjustments to ensure projected fiscal year financial performance is achieved within expectations
• Oversee the completion of the billing process, collection of client billings and other operational and financial matters; hold clients accountable for meeting the terms of their contracts
• Analyze financial requirements of the division, including staffing, equipment, and related needs; prepare budget recommendations to monitor and reconcile expenditures
• Assist the Director of Quality Assurance by monitoring and reviewing the technical quality of documents produced by the Local/Regional Business Team in accordance with company standards, policies, and procedures
• Ensure that the design function of projects is kept up-to-date in modern architecture/engineering techniques, practices, methods, materials, etc.
• Ensure quality, accuracy, and completeness of departmental work; compliance with established standards, procedures, codes and ordinances; adherence to design and project schedules
• Perform other duties as assigned or instructed
• Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully both verbally and in writing; ability to coordinate action across geographical locations
• Extensive working knowledge of fee proposals, negotiations, and contract/subcontract administration
• Excellent skills in managing and developing satisfactory relationships with clients, consultants, and other vested interests
• Proficient computer skills with use of Microsoft Office applications
• Progressive ability, capacity and aptitude in administration to plan, organize, supervise and coordinate technical work and to obtain cooperation from others; capable of prioritizing and delegating assignments and responsibilities to all levels of Business Team personnel
• Effective time management and organizational skills; ability to become involved and promote a number of past, present and future business opportunities
• Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues
• Ability to demonstrate creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in anticipating and solving complex problems, determining program objectives and requirements, organizing programs and projects, and developing strategies for guidance for the development of market sector projects
• Ability to maintain good working relations with management staff, co-workers, and direct reports; ability to establish and retain high morale with department personnel through frequent communication and interaction; ability to inspire, motivate and lead by example
• Strong entrepreneurial spirit with desire to grow the Healthcare practice with creativity and originality; ability to position LEO A DALY as one of the premier firms in the region and country that is knowledgeable and equipped to design and execute projects for clients within the Healthcare market sector
• Understanding of the Healthcare Market Sector and corresponding client needs/expectations; ability to identify trends, suggest solutions, and help guide clients’ ideas into buildable solutions
Education and License Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university in Architecture or Engineering; Master’s Degree or other advanced education is a plus
• Professional Architect/Engineer registration required (Minnesota preferred)
• Professional expertise demonstrated through 15 to 20 years of experience in design and leadership of Healthcare projects
• 5+ years of progressive experience in Market Sector Leadership and/or Business Development
• LEED® Accredited or able to obtain accreditation upon selection is preferred
• Current affiliation and/or membership with local, state or national industry organization is a plus
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive Benefit package.
Apply online at www.leoadaly.com
Leo A Daly is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer - M/F/D/H/V