We are looking for a passionate Account Manager who will partner with and ensure the long-term success of our customers.
You will be responsible for developing long-term relationships with your portfolio of customers, connecting with key business executives and stakeholders. You will be a liaison between customers and cross-functional internal teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs.
General Job Description
• Work with Business Development Manager to find and close new business.
• Collaborate with team on responses to RFP’s and other possible new working relationships.
• Prepare and lead presentations to prospective clients.
• Develop a plan to win.
• Operate as the single point of contact for any and all matters specific to your customers.
• Identify potential sales and business opportunities within the account and work with the team to develop the opportunity.
• Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships.
• Retain and further develop certain house accounts as assigned.
• Creatively think quickly to help clients develop a vision or solution.
• Know the products you sell so that you can effectively suggest solutions.
• Work with other internal team members to communicate intent and scope of project.
• Communicate with design and install teams by effectively utilizing necessary worksheets.
• Involve Designer and other team members in relevant meetings.
• Work with team members to refine typicals, value engineer and to create necessary specifications.
• Review CAP specifications and import into CORE to create proposals and orders or work directly with Project Coordinator as needed.
• Work with installation contractors to solicit quotes and review, as necessary, with Installation Manager.
• Monitor manufacturer’s orders to ensure a timely delivery and installation according to the project or client schedule.
• Time management- understanding and executing key initiatives required to complete a project.
• Troubleshoot issues that arise on projects and work with client or team to resolve.
• Conclude projects to ensure that all punch list items are addressed, resolved and closed out.
Key Reporting/Working Relationships:
• Position reports to Partners
• Works with Business Development, Project Coordinators, Designers, Installation Manager, Sales Assistants, Accounting
Key Results Expected:
• High customer satisfaction.
• Retention of customers that buy from Parameters.
• Revenue and Profit targets achieved or exceeded.
Education and Experience:
At least five years of experience in the office furniture industry is preferred. Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or equivalent experience.
Knowledge and Skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Self-directed, with the ability to work in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Builds constructive and effective relationships with customers and coworkers.
• Committed to meeting customer needs in a timely and accurate manner.
• Listens actively and attentively.
• Remains calm under pressure.
• Customer Service
• Dependability & Adaptability
• Job Knowledge and Skill Application
• Teamwork and Leadership
• Sales Revenue