IIW Minnesota has an opening for an Architect with a degree in Architecture and 1-5 years minimum experience. Depending on the level of experience, the successful candidate will possess:
• Architectural design related work experience preferred.
• Proficiency in REVIT and related programs.
• Written and oral communication and listening skills, including skills in interpersonal relations.
• Knowledge of professional ethics applying to the practice of Architecture.
PROJECT RELATED RESPONSIBILITIES
• Understand and have thorough knowledge of the technical aspects of REVIT creating templates, dynamic schedules, setting up drawings and possessing the general knowledge to create office standards.
• Creating and manipulating families in REVIT.
• Can navigate REVIT for general drafting to create construction documents.
• Develop and generate architectural design concepts.
• Produce architectural presentation documents both graphically and with modeling or renderings.
• Review and document building codes and zoning ordinances. Work with code officials and other design professional when an interpretation or exception to building codes is required.
• Utilize knowledge of building materials, specifications, and construction techniques.
• Performing take-offs for estimates and interpreting and applying cost database information.
• Coordinate all aspects of project document completion within company and externally with clients and other design professionals.
• Review construction budgets based on experience and scope of project.
• Represent IIW Minnesota at interviews, meetings, conferences, etc.
• Promote firm’s reputation through good client relations.
IIW Minnesota offers the opportunity to work on a variety of architectural projects and collaborate with other registered architects and dozens of professional engineers. Projects include: schools, historic preservation, commercial, industrial and institutional buildings, facility assessments, and studies. IIW emphasizes training and professional development to facilitate your professional growth. Architects are eligible for an Associate Professional position upon meeting the requirements of the position.
IIW does business in Minnesota as IIW Minnesota. IIW is an employee owned A/E firm offering competitive wages and benefits including 401k, health, dental, and disability insurance.