Participates in planning, design and documentation of building projects by performing some or all of the following duties.
May include the following assignments and other duties:
• Assists Project Manager or Senior Project Architect in planning the layout of projects including determination of functional and spatial requirements and assists in preparing information regarding design, specifications, materials, color and equipment.
• Prepares project plans (scaled drawings) using computer assisted design software and equipment. Drafting using Revit.
• Supports project team during construction administration.
• Creating 3D computer models using Google SketchUp or similar programs.
• Assist team members with presentation boards and/or hand-outs.
• Render project elevations or perspectives using Adobe Software.
• Receives direction from Senior Project Architect or Project Manager.
• Two to four year college or university program certificate or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. 4-year design/architectural degree preferred, but not required.
• 4+ years related experience.
• Must be fluent in reading, writing and speaking the English language.
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively and work efficiently with team members.
• Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from the PM and SPA.
• Skills required include basic knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, Revit, Adobe CS5 and Google SketchUp.