BKV Group, Inc.
Reports To: Managing Architect /Senior Project Architect
Participates in planning, design and documentation of building projects by performing some or all of the following duties.
May include the following assignments and other duties:
• Assists MA or SPA in planning the layout of projects including determination of functional and spatial requirements and assists in preparing information regarding design, specifications, materials, color and equipment.
• Prepares project plans (scaled drawings) using computer assisted design software and equipment. Drafting using AutoCAD or Revit.
• Supports project team during construction administration.
• Creating 3D computer models using Google SketchUp or similar programs.
• Assist team members with presentation boards and/or hand-outs.
• Render project elevations or perspectives using Adobe Software.
• Receives direction from Senior Project Architect or Managing Architect.
• Two to four year college or university program certificate or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. 4-year design/architectural degree preferred, but not required.
• 8+ years related experience.
• Must be fluent in reading, writing and speaking the English language.
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively and work efficiently with team members.
• Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from the MA and SPA.
• Skills required include basic knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, AutoCAD, Revit, Adobe CS5 and Google SketchUp.