Leo A Daly
Under appropriate supervision prepares design presentations, conceives designs, and prepares / lays-out architectural concept design documents thru contract documents related to a wide variety of new and modified facility types and sizes for projects located throughout the United States. Understands fundamentals of basic architectural and engineering systems. Develops detail sketches generated by project leaders. Will be responsible for coordinating and determining quantity and types of materials. Familiar with a variety of architectural design concepts, practices, and procedures. Performs a variety of tasks. Provides support to other in-office Architects, Interior Designers, Planners and other multi-discipline professionals. Applies principles and techniques of architecture to accomplish goals. Applies all appropriate techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out assignments, maintaining a high level of accuracy, including reviewing architectural documents for areas of conflict with all other disciplines. Cooperates as an active member of the project team and develops greater understanding of the other disciplines within the office. Participates in client and internal meetings and may participate in reviews with various governing agencies for code compliance. Performs, on an as needed basis, construction contract administration tasks. Also, the Architectural Pre-Professional Intern will assist with Marketing/Business Development activities including, but not limited to, client interviews, and other duties as assigned. Completes work assignments with a high degree of quality, yet with regard to time and budget constraints.
• For potential candidates on-track for degree completion, preference will be given toward those who have completed their fourth year of an accredited Architecture undergraduate program and are enrolled in the first year of a graduate program. Those students who are in their 4th year will receive consideration.
• Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the architectural design field, including construction contract administration tasks.
• Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
• Exhibits good planning/scheduling skills.
• Works under immediate supervision.
• Proficient with AutoCAD, and 3D Modeling software like Google Sketch-Up, Vray, Rhino or Autodesk Max, and Adobe Photoshop, InDesign or Illustrator; REVIT proficiency mandatory and Rhino-with Grasshopper experience a plus.
• Microsoft Office (Word & Excel) literate.
• Able to effectively communicate with design team.
• Excellent graphic (including hand sketching), verbal and written communication skills.
• Prior work, community and/or leadership experience strongly preferred.
• Prior experience with other A/E firms is a plus, but not required.
• No relocation package is available so only local/regional candidates are encouraged to apply.
Apply online at http://www.leoadaly.com
Leo A Daly Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Leo A Daly Company, is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Human Resources Department at 402-391-8111. For more information about your rights under the law, see EEO is the Law