This position is responsible for learning new skills and refines existing skills in the architectural and construction industries. These skills will be applied to a variety of duties such as the production of feasibility studies/drawings, construction documents, 3D perspective renderings, tenant improvements and design.
CSM’s CORE VALUES
• Exemplifies integrity and trust
• Committed to quality and outstanding service
• Treats everyone with respect
• Dedicated to continuous improvement
• Committed to the future of our communities
• Customer Focus
• Priority Setting
• Problem Solving
• Business Acumen/Technical Proficiency
• Accountability/Drive for Results
• Handles Pressure Well
• Attention to Detail
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Tenant Improvements: Leads the development of space programs and plans for prospective tenants. Meets with the tenant to finalize all space requirements and to select interior finishes for the space. Produces construction drawings and specifications. Maintains contact with tenant and conducts project inspections to monitor design intent during the construction process.
2. Site Plan Design: Develop site layouts including analysis of building footprint orientation and parking design which comply with Development/Leasing criteria; as well as the various City code requirements. Contributes ideas/suggestions toward various projects
3. Building Design/Construction Documents: Assists the Architecture Department in the preparation of design for proposed buildings and incorporates budget restrictions, space program requirements and city guidelines. Once design is approved, produces the required drawings for construction and coordinates development of civil and structural engineering drawings. During the construction process will make site visits, monitor/analyze change orders and process/approve shop drawing submittals.
4. City Proposals/Approval Process: Assists the Architecture Department in the preparation of required construction and design documents for submittal to the various City Planning Departments. Assists Legal Department in all subdivision, rezoning and platting documentation as needed for City approvals. Serves as a liaison during City Approval Process which consists of attending Public Hearing, Planning Commission, City Council and other meetings specific to assigned projects.
5. Signage Coordinator: Approving authority for tenant signage requests. Monitors and maintains CSM signage standards regarding size, placement and the appropriate context of all signage.
6. Self/Workload Management: Responsible for effective self/workload management with the ability to work on multiple projects at once and reprioritize as required. Demonstrates clear written and verbal communication skills. Promotes collaboration and positive, professional work environment. Attends all daily, weekly and/or monthly department/company meetings to ensure proper communication/planning occurs. Adheres to all CSM Standard Operating Procedures.
7. 3D Rendering Capabilities: Ability to produce sketch quality and photo quality renderings using programs such as PhotoShop, SketchUp, 3D Studio Max or similar architectural rendering programs. The position will collaborate with the VP of Architecture and Senior Project Architect to illustrate design ideas.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Education: High School Diploma or GED required. A.A.S. in Architectural Drafting and Design.
Experience/Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: 5 years or more of work experience in architecture or construction industry. Proficiency with AutoCAD Architectural Desktop. Must have ability to coordinate multiple projects and tasks. Experience in the real estate industry a plus.