Architectural Alliance + 20 Below
We are seeking an energetic, team player to head up our BIM initiatives. The ideal candidate is passionate about BIM and IT, has had exposure to Revit and AutoCAD and has some experience in BIM Management. The candidate may have an architectural or technical drafting background. This is an opportunity to grow professionally and personally. The position allows the individual to work on projects in addition to the BIM Management role. We offer a great working environment and firm culture. www.archalliance.com. EOE/AA Employer. Please submit cover letter and resume (portfolio exerpts are also welcomed) to Peter Vesterholt. The job description follows:
- Report to Director of Design Delivery, participate in and collaborate with Revit/BIM Committee.
- Work closely with Director of IT and assist on IT matters when required/requested.
Duties and Essential Job Functions
- Manage software products including but not limited to incorporating new releases and customization of product.
- Manage the implementation of supporting software for BIM.
- Evaluate and make recommendations regarding new BIM related software and technologies.
- Stay informed on best practices for use of Revit Architecture and BIM.
- Stay informed on other BIM related software and how they work with Revit.
- Assist IT with installation and support of related BIM software.
- Responsible for coordinating BIM standards implementation and conformance.
- Create and maintain of the office standard template files.
- Provide support for plotting and electronic file submissions.
- Automate routines in BIM to support standards and productivity.
- Assist in developing and enforcing BIM documentation and workflow process standards.
- Work with Design Team BIM Coordinators and project teams to ensure BIM standards are maintained in the creation of the architectural Revit model.
- Provide technology evaluations and budgets for future technology adoption that align with corporate goals. Report (annually) on the company’s current and projected state in regards to BIM implementation.
- Provide hardware and network support as it relates to BIM production.
- Support the BIM technology needs of our satellite offices.
- Troubleshoot problems.
- Liaison with IT.
- Liaison with national vendors.
- Liaison with software developer support staff and other support channels.
- Coordinate Revit fundamental and advanced training to staff and conduct internal continuing education Revit training sessions.
- Provide technical orientation to new hires regarding BIM tools.
- Attend approved conferences, seminars, and workshops for BIM; disseminate information to appropriate staff.
• Project Interface
- Support project standards coordination with consultants.
- Assist project teams in BIM project setup.
- Create Revit families in response to specific project needs.
- Help resolve BIM design issues.
- Coordinate needed hardware upgrades with IT.
• Marketing of BIM Services
- Participate in marketing activities when requested by the firm.
- Identify trends and business opportunities relating to BIM.
• Involvement with Industry Organizations
- AIA Technology in Architectural Practice (TAP ) Knowledge Community
- Autodesk University
- Local User Groups