Administrative coordination of specific construction administration functions for the company. Provides support to CA team. Construction Administration (CA) is responsible for ensuring project construction is in compliance with the design contract.
Includes the following and other duties may be assigned.
• Organizes and schedules weekly CA staff meetings; records minutes and provides agenda to all attendees.
• Updates CA discipline project staffing schedule in Ajera and in Excel.
• Reviews incoming submittals and shop drawings and provided notes for the CA project lead.
• Maintains weekly tracking update of all shop drawings for projects in CA Phase. Monitors timely returns of shop drawings.
• Logs shop drawing receipts and Change Orders on BKV standard electronic project tracking software.
• Sends approved shop drawings to the CA project lead and uploads approved shop drawings onto file sharing software.
• Prepares transmittals for internal physical sample review by other design disciplines.
• Assists Construction Administrator project lead in the preparation and review of project Change Orders.
• Receives RFI’s from the General Contractor through the file sharing software for review and distribution to applicable design discipline.
• Processes RFI responses to General Contractor and logs on electronic project tracking software.
• Assists Construction Administration project lead in the managing of all project related and Construction Administration electronic project folders.
• Attends the following meetings with the CA project lead, whenever possible.
• Site visit/walkthrough
• Punch list walkthrough
• Processes and sends out general project correspondence, reports (i.e. Field Reports, etc.), weekly emails.
• Assists with the organization and scheduling of intern site visits. Coordinate with Architecture Interns and CA staff.
• Creates and schedules CA “Lessons Learned” monthly seminars with CA team.
• Must have an Administrative Program Certificate, Associates Degree in related field, or the equivalent education and experience.
• Preferred 1-3 years related experience.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Submittal Exchange and Bluebeam
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and provide valid conclusions. Must have the ability to write reports and project correspondence. Must possess excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and the general public.
• Must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking the English language.