MA Peterson DesignBuild
This is your opportunity to join the award-winning design team at MA Peterson DesignBuild, Inc. Located in Edina, Minnesota, MA Peterson is a high-end residential remodeling company focused on providing complete and customized design solutions for our clients. We are looking for an experienced Cabinetry and Millwork Sales and Design person to join our team! A successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, self-starter with a passion for customer service and will be responsible for cabinet and millwork solutions that delight our clients. The right candidate should function as both a team member and a leader with a can-do attitude and the proven ability to succeed.
This full-time position reports to our Lead Designer and provides:
• Competitive compensation consisting of base salary and commission on sales produced
• Competitive benefits including, paid time off (PTO), health insurance options including health savings accounts, dental insurance, 401K, Long Term Disability (LTD) and more
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As the ideal team member, you will bring creativity, professionalism, and energy to the position. Working in an environment that encourages collaboration to develop and close cabinet and millwork sales opportunities and design solutions for clients in a variety of project types.
• Participate in client meetings and demonstrate understanding of client projects, goals, and expectations
• Collaborate with the preconstruction team and provide conceptual design
• Develop detail cabinet and millwork design package, including the specification of materials, fixtures and coordinating with manufacturers to meet client and project goals
• Use industry software such as AutoCAD as well as rough sketches and notes to accurately produce the final graphic presentations, including 3D renderings for client presentations
• Prepare, organize and lead all client selection meetings (e.g. cabinets, doors & millwork hardware)
• Assist in the request for proposals process by preparing and communication to vendors and suppliers
• Schedule, field measure and attend pre-estimate walkthrough meetings with vendors, suppliers and clients
• Conduct client presentations and work with external consultants, product representatives, furniture dealers, and fabricators
• Have the ability to work both independently and effectively in a cross-disciplinary team atmosphere and across multiple sites
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities and balance both short-term and long-term deadlines and projects
• Inspire innovative and creative solutions to emerging design trends
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Proficient in AutoCAD and Revit documentation preferred
• 3D Rendering & Adobe Creative Suites application knowledge beneficial
• High level of creative problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Self-directed and can work independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to manage and organize work to meet deadlines
• Superior customer service attitude with an unwavering commitment
• High attention to detail
• Strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook and MS Operating system with intermediate or better proficiency
• Valid driver’s license with a good driving record and ability to provide own transportation to meet and exceed client and supplier vendor expectations
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree
• 5 to 10 years of relevant Sales and Cabinet and Millwork Design and Remodeling Construction industry
• Working knowledge of residential building materials & practices
Position has no supervisory responsibilities.
• Problem Solving- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Oral Communication– Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
• Team Work- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
• Organizational Support- Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
• Dependability- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Initiative- Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed