MA Peterson DesignBuild
This is your opportunity to join the award-winning Design team at MA Peterson DesignBuild, Inc. Located in Edina, Minnesota, MA Peterson is a high-end residential remodeling company focused on providing complete and customized design solutions for our clients. We are looking for an experienced CAD Drafter to join our team! A successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, self-starter with a passion for customer service. The right candidate should function as both a team member and a leader with a can-do attitude and the proven ability to succeed.
This full-time position reports to our Lead Designer and provides:
• Competitive compensation consisting of base salary.
• Competitive benefits including, paid time off (PTO), health insurance options including health savings accounts, dental insurance, 401K, Long Term Disability (LTD) and more
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As the ideal team member, you will bring creativity, professionalism, and energy to the position. Working in an environment that encourages collaboration to develop design solutions for clients in a variety of project types.
• Field measure and document existing structure
• CAD drafting existing floor and elevation drawings
• Develops design schematics including detailed dimensioned electrical and plumbing rough-in plans and building works plans
• Uses industry software such as AutoCAD as well as rough sketches and notes to accurately prepare the final product
• Collaborate with the preconstruction team and provide conceptual design
• Prepare, organize and lead all client selection meetings. (e.g. flooring, windows, siding, shingles, stone, fireplace, doors, millwork, tile, plumbing fixtures, paint, light fixtures, hardware, etc.)
• Be the point person for client communication through the preconstruction process. Perform design assignments that include programming client needs, conceptual design, schematic design, design development, space planning and construction documentation
• Develop detail design package, including the specification of materials, fixtures and furniture, coordinating with dealers and manufacturers to meet client and project goals
• Produce graphic presentations, including 3D renderings, for client presentations
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities and balance both short-term and long-term deadlines and projects.
• Inspire innovative and creative solutions to emerging design trends
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Proficient in AutoCAD
• 3D Sketchup * vray rendering
• Demonstrate ability to understand and apply architectural and interior design principles at a high level.
• High level of creative problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to manage and organize work to meet deadlines
• Superior customer service attitude with an unwavering commitment
• High attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced and demanding environment
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Valid driver’s license with a good driving record and ability to provide own transportation to meet and exceed client and supplier vendor expectations
• 5 to 10 years of relevant experience
• Working knowledge of residential building materials & practices.
• Five years minimum experience, preference in Interior Design and Remodeling Construction industry
Position has no supervisory responsibilities.
• Problem Solving- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Oral Communication– Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
• Team Work- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
• Written Communication– Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Organizational Support- Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
• Dependability- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Initiative- Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
• Professionalism- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
• Quantity- Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.