Topo is a full-service landscape design/build firm specializing in distinctive homes and estates. Many of our projects have a high level of complexity and architecture incorporated into the project. Working closely with architects, engineers, and builders, our firm provides great opportunities for first-hand experience in a collaborative creative environment on a variety of residential projects.
We are looking for a full time CAD Technician with a minimum of 3 years of architectural drafting experience. The candidate will be a critical member of the project team participating in the full range of document production activities in support of our Project Managers, including construction documentation and detailing. The candidate must be dedicated to quality service to our clients, contractors, vendors, and invest in those relationships. The ideal candidate must demonstrate the ability to listen and learn with a humbled confidence to each client’s needs and clearly communicate in a professional manner to the team.
– Prepare site plan documentation including permit sets and other various plans and details required for construction
– Prepare project presentations for clients
– Research and interpret rules and regulations, laws and codes and policies and procedures of various cities around the Twin Cities
– Prepare schedules, specifications and estimates
– Learn software to create, communicate and coordinate the work
– Strong knowledge of construction with the ability to produce accurate and detailed sections and details
– Proficient in current version of AutoCAD
– Skilled in SketchUp and Adobe Creative Suite software
– BIM software knowledge a plus
– Land F/X software knowledge a plus
– Strong understanding and knowledge of zoning regulations, building codes, and site requirements
– High-level attention to detail
Please submit your resume and portfolio (portfolio not to exceed 10 pages) either as a hard copy or as a pdf to Lorelei Ritter at Lorelei@topollc.com. With your materials, please include possible start date.