Leo A Daly
This position is responsible for planning, coordinating, and directing all activities, projects, and personnel within the Architectural Department. This position will act as a liaison both internally and externally for Architectural services by interacting with Market Sector Leaders, Director of Design, Project Managers, clientele, consultants, vendors AND LEO A DALY personnel at Minneapolis and other LAD offices to continue the development of a culture of design.
• Be a mentor for department personnel by providing continuous assistance and support through professional training and career development
• Organize and lead departmental meetings with Architectural personnel
• Organize Architectural design review meetings in conjunction with the Director of Design
• Review the performance and work quality of department personnel and conduct evaluations on a semi-annual basis or as needed; provide recognition for outstanding contributions and corrective plans where improvement is required
• Administer salaried and hourly compensation review for department personnel; provide recommendations on salary increases, personnel promotions and transfers
• Determine personnel needs for the Architectural department and individual projects based upon the current and projected workload and desired design goals; collect information and feedback from department managers including staffing recommendations and workload projections
• Report & Manage the staffing assignments of architecture, specifications and visualization staff on a weekly basis, coordinating with project managers to accurately track staffing assignments, and project staffing needs.
• Convey personnel needs to the Director of Operations and participate in the recruitment, interviewing and selection of prospective Architectural candidates
• Assign appropriate Architectural staff to projects with concurrence of Project Manager and Director of Design while maintaining consistency with staff’s growth and development goals.
• Establish chargeability goals for Architectural department and maintain chargeability of Architectural staff within those goals
• Establish (in conjunction with others) Architectural labor and ODC budgets for projects
• Develop a delivery process, along with Project Architect and Project Manager, that is consistent with the needs of the project and correlates to the budget (It is critical that discipline budgets are competitive within the industry and special emphasis should be placed on generating innovative or alternative delivery processes)
• Communicate project design, budget, goals and delivery process to Architectural project team
• Monitor Design and Architectural performance/adherence to budget in conjunction with the Project Manager and Project Architect; develop a recovery plan should metrics indicate current performance will not meet budget
• Conduct and / or Manage the office’s Quality Control team. Establish the procedures for coordinated document reviews, and manage the ongoing maintenance of the consolidated project schedule to track, assign and conduct quality control reviews
• Establish design standards and procedures and manage the work of project teams.
• Perform research and review trade publications and literature to stay abreast of developments within the field of Architecture; attend local, state, and national seminars, conventions and summits; collaborate with the Director of Design, Project Managers and Market Sector Leaders to improve or develop new methods to improve design, efficiency, technique, quality and dependability
• Evaluate the writing and editing of Architectural specifications to improve or develop new methods to improve efficiency, technique, quality and dependability.
• Be a resource for project marketing opportunities
• Participate in reviews with various governing agencies for code compliance in relation to zoning laws, fire regulations, building codes and other ordinances; convey applicable changes of local, state, and federal regulations and ordinances to Architectural personnel
• Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with department personnel, internal office staff, and clientele
• Ability to promote individual leadership and establish teamwork and within the Architectural department
• Ability to successfully and continuously lead a team of professionals to meet and exceed project, department, and business unit goals
• Extensive knowledge of building codes
• Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
• Effective time management and organizational skills
• Ability to monitor the Architectural work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Well developed analytical and problem-solving skills
• Knowledge of capabilities of AutoCAD, Revit, and other production software
Education and License Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Architecture; Master’s Degree or other advanced education is preferred
• Professional Registration as a Architect
• NCARB certification
• A minimum of 15 years of experience in Architecture designing and/or implementing the design of buildings
• 5-10 years of progressive management experience
• Current affiliation and/or membership with local, state, or national industry organization(s)
Apply online at http://www.leoadaly.com
Leo A Daly Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Leo A Daly Company, is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Human Resources Department at 402-391-8111. For more information about your rights under the law, see EEO is the Law