Cuningham Group Architecture, Inc.
Cuningham Group, an award-winning architecture firm with 10 offices around the world, is seeking an Interior Designer for our Minneapolis office. We are looking for motived individuals who are committed to high quality design and who are experienced in multiple phases of design. The ideal candidate should have 7-12 years of experience, to support the Grow Market Group. Project types include Education, Higher Education, Non-Profit, and Worship. Successful candidates will be responsible for work on multiple projects, leading junior staff, collaborating on design, guiding/producing construction documentation, product sourcing, preparing presentations and specifications including FF&E.
Qualified applicants should submit a resume, portfolio and cover letter to: HR@cuningham.com.
WHAT YOU’ LL DO:
• Working in a team environment, always striving towards the common goal of a successful project.
• Integrated role with project teams working with architects, and consultants.
• Technical plans and documentation, utilizing Revit.
• Assist in selection, research and specification of all Furniture, Fixtures, Equipment, Finishes.
• Meet with clients for presentations and meetings.
• Problem solving independently and as part of a team.
• Work with junior staff to help guide/mentor/delegate.
• Work on multiple projects at the same time.
• Travel for on-site coordination meetings. (sometimes out of state travel is required)
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
• Bachelor Degree in Interior Design from a college or university that is accredited by CIDA or an equivalent quality program.
• Work experience as an interior designer for a minimum of 7-12 years.
• Strong Communication Skills – be able to work within a team and communicate to clients.
• Have skills in integrating 3-dimensional interior design with architectural elements.
• Collaborative Attitude.
• Experience in markets and building types listed above preferred.
• Flexibility in work schedule. Overtime is sometimes necessary when working on deadline driven projects.
• Proficient in Revit, Microsoft Office applications, and preferred aptitude in Adobe Creative Suite, and Sketch-Up.
• NCIDQ / CID a plus but not required.
• Commitment to sustainable design.