The Minneapolis office is highly regarded for interdisciplinary design excellence, professional collaboration and innovative project delivery. We are seeking an Interior Project Designer.
Description Position Summary:
Responsible for planning, development and execution of technical documentation, including organizing project team activities. May have direct responsibility for design, translating client requirements to design criteria from conceptual design through installation.
Essential Job Functions
• Interprets and evaluates client requirements.
• Develops and coordinates detailed design concepts with ability to develop functional requirements and project-design criteria.
• Demonstrates understanding of the architectural design process and integration of interior design concepts/ with ability develop design element components.
• Coordinates integration of basic engineering systems into the overall project design.
• Responds to technical implications of design decisions.
• Facilitates firm and project goals of excellence in design, execution, and sustainability.
• Assists with design and technical coordination among disciplines ( architecture, branded environments, planning and strategies )
• Prepares reports and specifications; including review of reports, plans, cost estimates and calculations.
• Implements code, accessibility and zoning analyses.
• Performs tasks according to Perkins+Will Project Delivery Manual.
• Participates in marketing efforts and may lead design presentations to prospective clients.
• Directs, organizes and mentors junior staff with responsibility oversight of their activities.
Requirements Essential Job Requirements:
Professional Degree in Interior Design or related discipline
8 – 10 years
Strong design portfolio
Experience in all phases and aspects of a project including programming and planning
Strong competency in interior design specifications, calculations and industry standards, and application of building codes and specifications
Strong sketching, graphic and computer skills-Adobe Suite, InDesign, Revit
Ability to direct and coordinate work efforts of junior staff
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Collaborative and professional work ethic
LEED AP or within 6 months of hire
Please apply on line: www.perkinswill.com