Are you committed to design excellence?
Do you thrive in an environment of collaboration?
Do you have a passion for sustainability?
Do you show a high degree of creativity and entrepreneurship?
If yes, join us in changing the world through design!
As an Interior Project Designer on the Perkins+Will team, you will:
• Be responsible for planning, developing, and executing technical documentation including organizing project team activities and responding to technical implications of design decisions
• Assist with or have direct responsibility for design, translating client requirements to design criteria from conceptual design through installation
• Work alongside project team to meet project constraints of budget and schedule
• Participate in marketing efforts and may lead presentations to prospective clients
• Coordinate contractors, consultants, and vendor assignments
• Direct, organize, and mentor junior staff with responsibility for oversight
• Utilize your rock star technical skills in Revit and other design application software
• Work hard, play hard, and learn a lot along the way!
To join us, you should have:
• A professional degree in Interior Design, or related discipline
• 8+ years of experience
• Proficiency in 3D modeling, visualization, and graphic software; Revit strongly preferred
• Strong design portfolio
• Strong competency in interior design specifications, calculations and industry standards, and application of building codes and specifications
• Ability to direct and coordinate work efforts of junior staff
• Experience in all phases and aspects of a project
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Problem solving skills, attention to detail, and motivation to learn
• Collaborative and professional work ethic
• LEED AP or within 6 months of hire
• Licensure preferred
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a resume and work samples. Include your resume and a compact, representative sample of your work (no larger than 4MB). EOE/M/F/V/D
About Perkins+Will (Only for external website postings)
Perkins+Will is an interdisciplinary, research-based architecture and design firm established in 1935. We are all about creative collaboration with a design focus. We believe that great design has the power to transform lives and enhance communities. We are socially conscious and entrepreneurial, always striving for the best solution with the least impact on our communities. We are a learning organization, pushing for research based design and investing deeply in the professional development of our staff. We are architects, interior designers, urban designers, landscape architects, consultants, and branded environment experts who approach design from all scales and perspectives. With hundreds of award-winning projects annually, Perkins+Will is ranked as one of the top global design firms. To learn more, visit https://rn21.ultipro.com/PER1007/JobBoard/listjobs.aspx?Page=Browse