Growing St. Cloud, MN company is looking for an Architect with experience in multi-family housing, retail, hospitality, or senior living.
1. Prepare preliminary and final architectural designs including site and landscape plans, elevations, renderings and floor plans. Design to a specified budget per project.
2. Review and coordinate all Architectural, Interior Design, Structural, Civil, and Mechanical/Electrical consultants and oversee all projects during construction.
3. Work and meet with local building officials in regards to code issues along with submitting plans, specifications, and building permit applications the city.
4. Review shop drawings for compliance with specifications in conjunction with the Construction Division. Assist Project Managers in evaluating bid information prior to writing of subcontracts, material agreements and exhibits. Research products for inclusion in projects and specifications.
5. Prepare analysis of potential sites for use of potential development projects.
6. Coordinate and cooperate with CAD Drafter/Operator. Work directly with the CAD Drafter/Operator to develop and implement standard architectural details and building materials.
7. Site inspection of current and completed projects to determine compliance with plans and specifications as well as various codes and zoning compliance. Development of punch lists.
8. Maintain and promote excellent communications between the field and the Corporate Office.
9. If requested, attend City meetings, Planning and Zoning meetings, Staff meetings, and any other meetings.
10. Design and select building products, including color and finishes, along with working with interior designers, for owner approval.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
1. Business communication skills, verbal and written.
2. Computer – Proficient in the use of computer hardware and software including, but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, AutoCAD, and AIA Contract Software, and Spec Link Software
3. Decision Making – Improve the speed and direction of decisions by clarifying and setting goals. Ability to make a quick and correct decision in regards to Construction.
4. Organization and Prioritization – Demonstrate strong ability to proactively prioritize tasks and efficiently manage time and Company resources.
5. Ability to maintain a project budget and establish a project timeline, schedule staff, and project fees.
Prefer Master of Architecture degree or equivilant combined with a minimum of ten years in the field of Architecture.
Licensed in the State of Minnesota with the ability to be licensed in other states.
Prefer LEED certification
Extensive understanding of all aspects of Architecture and construction including, but not limited to current building codes, MN Accessibility , ADA Compliance, , Fire, Plumbing, Mechanical, Electrical, Energy, and other municipal codes and municipal zoning.
Ability to pass a drug and background check.
Valid Driver’s License and ability to travel to job sites.