Career Opportunity – Marketing Manager
UrbanWorks Architecture is a dynamic, team-oriented design firm that specializes in multi-family and urban infill projects. We are looking for marketing professional who thrives in a small firm where the hats you wear are many, the standards are high, and you can continue to grow your career.
The Marketing Manager we’re looking for:
• You are a hands-on, roll-up-the-sleeves marketing professional who gets things done. You work smart and creatively; your output is high and cost-effective.
• You have a real aptitude for writing without the need for bosses or copy editors to fix your spelling, grammar, or facts. Even your first draft copy is solid.
• You’re creative and have a natural eye for design. You make sure the brand is supported visually throughout the various materials that cross your desk.
• You are proactive and understand the challenges managers face balancing marketing needs with demanding client deliverables. To that end, managers value the initiative you take and the well-greased machine you have created to ease their role in supporting marketing efforts.
If so far, you’re what we’re looking for – keep reading!
As the Marketing Manager at UrbanWorks, you’ll:
• Take complete ownership of the marketing function at UrbanWorks. You’ll quickly grasp the essence of the firm and solidly align your work to the firm’s goals and growth strategy.
• Play a key role in building the firm’s reputation in multi-family housing and urban infill design, as well as new market segments, by implementing the firm’s marketing, and internal and external communications goals.
• Maintain the firm’s marketing collateral across print, social and web.
• Enhance the firm’s overall business development effectiveness by maintaining sales tracking and reporting, researching target clients, developing marketing plans and budgets, and ensuring staff is checking off items on our marketing “to-do” list (yep, we all need friendly reminders from time-to-time).
• Elevate the firm’s reputation by supporting staff in the development of marketing presentations, including finding opportunities to position our thought-leadership in the industry and to clients.
• Manage and execute the proposal process – bringing great attention to detail, excellent project management skills and that eye for top-notch deliverables.
• Support and help drive vitality of client relationships through client appreciation efforts, conferences and networking events.
A few more key requirements:
• You bring the right level of experience. As the primary marketing support person for UrbanWorks, you need to have minimum of a few years experience under your belt. You are motivated to take on more and to continue growing and developing in your career. We’re given strongest consideration if you have at least 3, but no more than 10 years, of experience.
• You are able to run the entire marketing gamut. You’ve been exposed to a variety of marketing functions – generating proposals, writing content for the firm’s web site, maintaining a CRM database, representing the firm at a trade show event – you love the diversity and have excelled in pulling it all together in a way that is consistent and logically meets the needs of the company.
• You bring industry experience. As a small marketing department (you and one part-time support), it’ll be important for you to ramp up quickly and know how to articulate what we do across all facets of marketing and communications. To that end, you bring experience working in and have an infectious enthusiasm for the architecture industry. You are knowledgeable about the work style inside a consulting practice and can speak the lingo.
• You’re all about customer service. Your DNA is comprised of collaboration and teamwork. You’ve never been a hermit and enjoy interacting with a variety of staff, external consultants and business partners. You understand the value of bringing people and resources into your efforts. The people you interact with know where to find you, what to expect, and what you need. There’s no guesswork. Because of this and your proven results, you’re indispensable.
At first glance, there’s strong alignment.
You’re convinced. This role fits you like a glove and you meet the qualifications we are seeking. To be considered, take time to write us a compelling cover letter as to why you think so and send it along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, this is a regular, full-time position, but we would consider a flexible, part-time schedule as well. If you have questions regarding our application process, please call (612) 455-3100.
UrbanWorks offers a competitive salary and full benefits package, including health, dental, life and disability insurance; flexible scheduling and paid time off; 401(k); parking; continuing education; and reimbursement for professional society memberships. We are an Affirmative Action/ Equal Employment Opportunity employer.