We are currently seeking a full time Project Architect with growth potential who brings the passion to “energize” others for our Minneapolis, MN office. The Project Architect will be a critical member of the project team participating in the full range of project related phases and activities to support our client managers, project managers and production staff. The Project Architect must be dedicated to “serve” our clients, contractors, vendors, and “invest” in those relationships. The ideal candidate must demonstrate the ability to “listen” and “learn” with a humbled confidence to the client’s needs and clearly communicate our value and expertise as the Owner’s Representative and Architect in a professional manner.
• Documentation of projects from schematic design through construction documentation
• Organization of all construction documents (drawings & specifications)
• Production of construction documents
• Consultant and vendor coordination
• Research and coordination of materials and products for project specifications
• Familiar with local, state and federal applicable building codes, constructability and architectural standards of practice
• Site observations and site inventory documentation
• Participate in all aspects of construction administration related activities (in office & on site)
• Exceptional people skills required
• Exceptional communication skills required
• Well organized individual
• Ability to work in a team atmosphere and manage multiple projects with minimal supervision
• Registered Architect in State of MN for minimum of 2 years
• 3-5 years of Project Architect experience in Commercial Architecture projects with a focus in at least three of these project types:
o Financial Project (Banks / Credit Unions)
o Recreation Facilities (Ice Arena, Air supported dome and fitness facilities)
o Office / Warehouse buildings
o Light Industrial & Manufacturing facilities
o Tenant improvement projects (retail, restaurants)
o Native American focused projects
o Outpatient medical projects
• On site field construction administration experience on at least 5 projects
• In office construction administration experience on at least 10 projects
• Proficiency in AutoCAD Architectural Desktop (release 2009 or newer)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Working knowledge of REVIT 2012 or newer, SketchUp and Adobe Creative Suite a plus
• LEED AP or LEED BD+C credential a plus
HTG Architects offers a competitive salary based on skills and experience. Exceptional benefits package includes paid time off and holidays, 401(K) plan, pre-tax Flexible Spending and Health Saving Accounts, dental coverage along with disability and life insurance coverage.
If you feel you are an ideal candidate for this Project Architect position and it is a career opportunity matching your personality and professional experience, please submit your resume for our consideration. Resumes and related materials can be submitted via email to Kari Eller at firstname.lastname@example.org or delivered to our Minneapolis Office.