Location: Minnesota, Wisconsin, Telecommuting Welcome
Join the team that creates innovative and integrated designs for 21st Century Learning and beyond!
Who We Are
Unesco is a Program Management Firm that assists school districts with the revitalization, renovation and new construction of educational facilities. Our progressive approach to revitalizing educational facilities seeks to identify and address operational challenges, and provide a safe, healthy learning environment for students and employees. We assess the current state of each facility, develop a project plan and help implement a long-term facility management plan that is affordable and easy to maintain.
As a Project Architect at Unesco you will work directly with a Project Manager to create design and construction documents that meet the design intent, budget, and schedule of the client. You will lead the day to day coordination of the design disciplines in developing technical solutions. Additionally, you will lead and mentor architectural support staff to successfully complete construction documents.
Unesco offers the unique ability to work from home on a daily basis. A company issued computer along with all required design programs, monitors, printers, and supplies will be provided. Employees are expected to be available during normal business hours and to be logged into a group work sharing and communications program during those hours.
Some travel will be required within the Midwest region. This travel may include but is not limited to client meetings, site visits, field verifications, building assessments, school board meetings, and presentations.
The successful candidate will:
• Work directly with Project Managers and Designers in the conceptual development of
• Assist with Senior Project Architect tasks as directed
• Responsible for specific technical design aspects of an assigned project including
investigation, evaluation, and recommendation of design solutions
• Perform work requiring independent judgment in evaluation, selection and
adaptation/modification of standard building techniques
• Independently solve problems encountered
• Receive technical guidance on unusual or complex issues
• Mentor junior team members
• 8 or more years of experience
• Registered Architect
• Design modeling, and drafting experience with Revit software and AutoCAD software in
delivering preliminary design concepts and contract documents
• Proficient in 3D modeling software such as Sketchup. Rendering skills a plus
• Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suites software including but not limited to Photoshop,
InDesign and Illustrator
• 3D Rendering and animation skills