Our client, a leading facade engineering and curtainwall design company with nationwide projects is seeking a Project Designer to add to their growing team. The Project Designer is responsible for developing design concepts and leading the production of technical documents and drawings for a project.
Responsibililites for the Project Designer :
• Trains and mentors Curtain Wall Technicians and Designers
• Coordinates a portion of a projects drawings (plans, elevations, details, embeds, layouts, tag, unit, parts, take-offs, 3D, dies, etc.)
• Identifies design and scope changes and communicates changes to System Designer.
• Identifies requests for information (RFI’s) re: design and scope changes.
• Understanding the design impact through the lifecycle of a project. Can anticipate how the design will be fabricated, acquired, assembled, shipped, and installed.
• Participates in mock-up activities (fabrication, assembly, and testing) as required by the Operations Project Manager. • Participates in performance reviews of engineering team subordinates.
• Reads and interprets project architectural drawings and specifications to determine best systems, designs and components to be used for production drawings.
• Interprets project specifications, contract, cost estimate, and contract drawings.
• Ensures that assigned team complies with company policies regarding CAD and drafting standards, as well as safety and security procedures.
• Provides assistance to field, shop, or vendors.
• Associate’s degree in Architectural or Engineering Technology
• 5-10 years of curtainwall drafting experience
• Proficiency in at least two of the following programs: AutoCAD, Revit, Inventor.
• Proficiency in Rhino is strongly preferred.
• Ability to perform and/or coordinate work of subordinate team members (Curtainwall Technician, Designers) within a project.
• Knowledge of advanced drafting techniques and modifications of theories, precepts, and practices of the curtainwall field.
Konik PrimeStaff is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other protected class status.
Konik PrimeStaff has been a leader in the technical staffing industry for more than 40 years, providing the fastest and easiest link between employees and employers. Konik PrimeStaff has specialized in placing professional, qualified personnel in Minnesota and western Wisconsin businesses since its inception and maintains a strong commitment to customer service.