George Konik Associates, Inc.
Licensed Architect – St. Cloud, MN
George Konik has partnered with a highly successful Design Build, Property Management and Real Estate Development company that is currently seeking a Licensed Architect to join their dynamic team.
This company takes pride in hiring talented people that believe in the common goal to succeed in building a better place to live and work.
· Prepare preliminary and final architectural designs including site and landscape plans, elevations, renderings and floor plans. Coordinate all Architectural, Structural, Civil, and Mechanical/Electrical consultants and oversee projects during construction. Work and meet with local building officials in regards to code issues along with submitting plans, specifications, and building permit applications the city.
· Review shop drawings for compliance with specifications in conjunction with the Construction Division. Assist Project Managers in bidding and writing of subcontracts, material agreements and exhibits. Research products for inclusion in projects and specifications.
· Prepare analysis of potential sites for use of potential development projects.
· Coordinate and cooperate with CAD Drafter/Operator, Intern Architects and other staff. Work directly with the CAD Drafter/Operator to develop and implement standard architectural details and building materials for all company projects.
· Site inspection of current and completed projects to determine compliance with plans and specifications as well as various codes and zoning compliance along with development of punch lists.
· Attend City meetings, Planning and Zoning meetings, Staff meetings, and any other meeting with Development staff, as requested.
· Design and select building products for owner approval.
· LEED certifications or experience with similar quality control and Green Building practice is helpful.
· Minimum of 5 years of Architect experience
· Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture along with a current Minnesota license or NCARB Certificate.
· Must have programming, design (Hand and Computer based), Auto CAD, and REVIT experience, and construction administration skills.
· Strong knowledge of multi-family and commercial construction is preferred as well as licensure in other states.
· Some travel is required.
George Konik Associates, Inc. (GKA) has been a leader in the technical staffing industry for 40 years, providing the fastest and easiest link between employees and employers. GKA has specialized in placing professional, qualified personnel in Minnesota and western Wisconsin businesses since its inception and maintains a strong commitment to customer service.