Great career opportunity for a Structural Drafter to work in the northern suburbs. The primary purpose of this position is to assist the sales staff and project managers in the coordination, engineering, drafting, and design of submittal and fabrication drawings to be used for submittal architectural approval, field installation, and fabrication of company panel systems and products, through proper communication and coordination with the customer, sales, and project management. Will be responsible for completing submittal drafting assignments using Revit completely, accurately, on schedule and with sufficient detail to insure that they meet all the requirements of the customer and the Architect, while allowing for efficient fabrication and installation of panel systems and products.
- Communicate with the customer, sales staff, and project management to obtain detailed project information that insures that our product design meets the requirements of the Customer and the Architect
- Complete and maintain accurate drawings and material lists for all panels and components fabricated in manufacturing. Issue panel and part numbers as required and specify appropriate raw material descriptions for items to be fabricated.
- Maintain and follow company drafting and product standards that clearly show products proper application for fabrication and installation. File and retain current records of drafting standards, office procedures and memos distributed for the purpose of defining company policies
- Vocational or Associates degree preferred and 1+ years experience in Architectural drafting or construction engineering desirable.
- Must have experience with shop drawings submitted to an Architect for approval
- Experience in reading architectural plans and structural drawings.
- Experience in curtain wall or wall panel drafting, design, and construction is desired.
- Must have Revit computer-aided drafting skills, AutoCAD skills preferred
- Must have Microsoft Office skills, i.e. Outlook, MS Word, etc.