Location: Minnesota, Wisconsin, Telecommuting Welcome
Join the team that creates innovative and integrated designs for 21st Century Learning and beyond!
Who We Are
Unesco is a Program Management Firm that assists school districts with the revitalization, renovation and new construction of educational facilities. Our progressive approach to revitalizing educational facilities seeks to identify and address operational challenges, and provide a safe, healthy learning environment for students and employees. We assess the current state of each facility, develop a project plan and help implement a long-term facility management plan that is affordable and easy to maintain.
As a Senior Business Development Architect at Unesco you will use your professional networking and people skills to help establish relationships with new and prospective school districts. You will assist the Business Development team by supporting marketing efforts and “First Call” and “Preliminary Meetings” to build new and support existing relationships with K-12 school districts. Using your high-energy, passion, and knowledge of the K-12 market, educational ideologies, and current trends you will build a report and trust with district administrators, school boards, facility staff, and district employees and teachers.
You will work together with the Director of Architecture in the development of projects and company-wide standards. You will help lead the development of new projects, including leading district wide “Ideation Sessions”, needs analysis, project ideas and scope development, feasibility studies, high level cost estimates, and the development of several ideas and solutions to meet the needs of each district.
High-energy, self-motivation, creativity, and passion for both K-12 education and architecture are a must.
Unesco offers the unique ability to work from home on a daily basis. A company issued computer along with all required design programs, monitors, printers, and supplies will be provided. Employees are expected to be available during normal business hours and to be logged into a group work sharing and communications program during those hours.
Travel will be required within the Midwest region. This travel may include but is not limited to client meetings, site visits, field verifications, building assessments, school board meetings, and presentations.
The successful candidate will:
• Have extensive knowledge and experience in the K-12 market
• Have thorough knowledge of architectural design drafting, detailing, building materials,
building codes, construction techniques and costs
• Prepare design illustrations or rough sketches
• Cultivate potential business prospects with the Marketing Team
• Manage multiple clients and responsible for the coordination of each client’s efforts
• Develop, implement and maintain effective sales and other programs that provide
maximum exposure to new business prospects within the firm’s established goals and
• Prepare proposals, presentations and qualification packages
• Develop and implements promotional programs and plans for client’s use
• Registered Architect
• 10 or more years of hands-on project development experience in the Educational
• Minimum 5 years of client leadership and development experience
• Creative problem-solving skills, space planning, budget analysis and conceptual design
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proactive and ability to meet project timelines