Location: Minnesota, Wisconsin, Telecommuting Welcome
Join the team that creates innovative and integrated designs for 21st Century Learning and beyond!
Who We Are
Unesco is a Program Management Firm that assists school districts with the revitalization, renovation and new construction of educational facilities. Our progressive approach to revitalizing educational facilities seeks to identify and address operational challenges, and provide a safe, healthy learning environment for students and employees. We assess the current state of each facility, develop a project plan and help implement a long-term facility management plan that is affordable and easy to maintain.
As a Senior Project Architect/Manager at Unesco you will be responsible for managing several K-12 projects both internally and externally. You will be responsible for implementing the design ideas and programs developed by the Design and Development team and coordinating the designs and budgets with Unesco’s Implementation/Construction Management Team. You will lead all aspects of project documents including the project schedule, budget, internal architecture team, external design consultants, and quality assurance and control.
Unesco offers the unique ability to work from home on a daily basis. A company issued computer along with all required design programs, monitors, printers, and supplies will be provided. Employees are expected to be available during normal business hours and to be logged into a group work sharing and communications program during those hours.
Some travel will be required within the Midwest region. This travel may include but is not limited to client meetings, site visits, field verifications, building assessments, school board meetings, and presentations.
The successful candidate will:
• Have extensive knowledge and experience in the K-12 market
• Actively manage client budgets, schedules, and programs; project communications and documentation and office administrative tasks
• Have thorough knowledge of architectural design drafting, detailing, building materials, building codes, construction techniques and costs
• Work with the team on scheduling, construction documentation and client communications and assist in the preparation of construction documents
• Manage document production by developing design and technical drawings and researching relevant information
• Maintain a good knowledge of local and national building codes
• Conduct code and project research
• Manage permitting and agency approvals process
• Mentor junior team members
• Lead construction observation activities
• Be able to work and present ideas in a team environment as well as self-manage and self-motivate in a creative environment
• Registered Architect
• 5 or more years of hands-on project management experience in the Educational Sector
• Work closely with Development Team to coordinate multiple active projects with internal team members and consultants
• Proven experience in effectively leading a project team
• Strong analytical, oral and written communication skills with the ability to building quick rapport with all levels of employees, clients, consultants and vendors
• Basic knowledge of 3D computer modeling software
• Design modeling, and drafting experience with Revit software and AutoCAD software in delivering preliminary design concepts and contract documents
• Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suites software including but not limited to Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
• A self-starter with strong communication and organizational skills