Knutson is seeking a collaborative, innovative, and enthusiastic VDC Specialist to join the growing Virtual Design and Construction team. This position is responsible to promote and provide Building Information Modeling (BIM) services that will support the efficiency and profitability of Knutson Construction projects through preconstruction, construction and closeout process.
The key job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Leads model coordination and clash detection of multiple projects and keeps internal project teams informed of BIM/VDC coordination progress.
• Creates models, animations and images to use for Request for Proposal responses and interviews.
• Prepares models for a variety of applications, as requested during preconstruction and construction process.
• Works with Business Development, Superintendents and Project Managers to create site logistics/phasing plans.
• Validates the accuracy of model data against design team documents and construction on site.
• Prepares CAD or REVIT files for use by layout crews.
• Models KC self-perform components (i.e., concrete form work)
• Prepares virtual mock-ups.
• Performs 3D laser scanning workflow from onsite data collection and scan registration.
• Provides input and thoughts regarding the future direction of BIM/VDC.
• Researches and identifies technology solutions to improve project delivery.
• Recommends proven methods of effective BIM/VDC utilization.
• Networks with external contacts to learn about BIM applications and industry best practices.
• Visits job sites to verify existing conditions and or new construction as they relate to the model.
• Serves as a resource to Estimators on the use of BIM/VDC software.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with stakeholders (clients, design teams, sub-contractors, vendors, field staff, etc.) to reduce construction inefficiencies, financial risk, and to increase efficiency and project profitability.
• Communicates the value of BIM/VDC to internal and external stakeholders through education on BIM/VDC processes, capabilities and software to increase awareness and effective utilization of systems and processes.
• Participates in Business Development and Marketing opportunities with existing and new clients to promote opportunities to use Building Information Modeling and support the growth and financial objectives of Knutson Construction.
• Captures and tracks data to develop ROIs and Case Study data throughout projects
• Attend seminars and conferences on VDC related technology (AU, BIM Forum, etc.)
• Respond to and complete all other duties, tasks and/or projects as assigned
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Proficiency with Autodesk Revit, Navisworks, Sketchup, and Bluebeam Revu
• Preferred Software Experience with Leica Cyclone; BIM 360 Glue, Recap Pro, and Adobe Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
• Strong oral and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
• Strong planning, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills in a cross functional environment
• Individual must be collaborative and positive
• Desire to investigate and implement cutting edge technology
• Capacity to coordinate efforts with field staff and business partners
• Meticulous attention to detail and ability to make decisions promptly and with confidence
• Highly organized, able to prioritize and multi-task
Minimum Education and/or Experience Requirements:
• Associates degree in Architectural Drafting or Construction Management required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Prior experience with BIM/VDC process is ideal
• Prior experience in field construction, project management and/or preconstruction preferred