The 8th Annual Lean Construction Summit is jointly presented by CURT, the Lean Construction Institute, Construction Industry Institute, and the Associated General Contractors of America. It will explore why and how owners can use Lean construction to improve the delivery of their capital projects.
Objectives:(1) To share, from the experience of others, how organizations have effectively implemented Lean Construction as a project delivery approach. Specific topics will include:
- How various associations are functioning individually and collaboratively to improve construction project delivery.
- How basic Lean Construction principles and enabling behaviors improve success on projects and in organizations.
- How increasing workflow predictability improves project safety, quality, cost and duration.
- How contracts enable or hinder project success.
- How collaboration within the project organization and along the entire value stream increases value for all parties.
- How to optimize design decisions through the application of Choosing By Advantages.
- How owners and project teams overcame challenges and improved performance using Lean Construction principles and practices in their organization and on projects.
(2) Provide guidance for Owners implementing Lean as a project delivery approach on capital projects for various levels of decision makers, using Q&A as well as qualified and experienced panelists.
(3) Close each discussion with key takeaways to help audience members determine their own next steps for implementing Lean as a project delivery approach.
Who Should Attend:
- Owners, Contractors, Design Professionals, Suppliers and anyone interested in promoting Lean Construction
- Project leaders who are responsible for selecting project delivery systems or seek to drive change within their organizations
- Leaders who serve in project procurement and management roles
- Leaders who serve in design or process development roles
- Lean champions