One of the hallmarks of design-build project delivery is early knowledge of costs. This course will introduce the fundamentals of conceptual estimating and how you go about assessing risk and calculating costs before the design is complete.
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- Introduce estimating fundamentals in general.
- Describe the various influences affecting building costs.
- Describe the various types of estimates.
- Explain the fundamental principles of conceptual estimating.
- Describe the role of the estimator in the design-build team.
- Describe how estimates are organized using standard estimating formats.
- Explain the fundamental concepts of value engineering. • Describe the various checks and balances needed to ensure the reliability of the estimate.
- Use of conceptual estimates in proposal evaluations.
- Explain how to manage and control costs throughout the design process.