Online registration for this seminar is now closed.
Questions? Contact Deanna Christiansen.
Fire sprinkler systems in single-family homes are now required by the new Minnesota Residential Building Code, which took effect in January. This seminar will provide you with what you need to know so you can incorporate sprinkler systems into your designs. Our speaker, Sean Flaherty, president of the Minnesota Chapter of the National Fire Sprinkler Association, will tell us about the myths regarding sprinklers, cost of systems, system options, water supply requirements, and code requirements. He will explain the rationale behind the code and describe how sprinklers benefit homeowners, builders/developers and municipalities. Attend this seminar to be more informed about residential fire sprinkler systems, and how to keep your clients safe.
Date, Time, Location
Tuesday, August 11
7:30 am to 9:30 am
International Market Square, Suite 185
275 Market Street, Minneapolis 55405
Includes handout and continental breakfast
AIA Members $40
2.0 HSW LU Hours
Attendees will be able to:
- Explain the purpose of residential fire sprinkler systems
- Explain how a fire sprinkler operates and why sprinklers are critical to controlling a residential fire
- Compare the different types of residential sprinkler systems and identify where each is practical
- Identify different types of residential sprinkler heads and determine which type is appropriate for various applications
- Compare the different water supply options and identify which is appropriate for specific projects
- Calculate the approximate cost of a residential fire sprinkler system
- List the benefits of residential fire sprinkler system
Sean Flaherty has 20-years of experience as a contractor in the Minnesota fire sprinkler industry. He is the current president of the Minnesota Chapter of the National Fire Sprinkler Association, the chairman of the Fire Sprinkler Fitters Local 417 Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee, an Associate Member of the Builders Association of the Twin Cities and Builders Association of Minnesota, and is a Residential Sales Representative and Senior Project Manager for Viking Automatic Sprinkler Company in St. Paul, Minnesota.
Online registration is now closed.
Questions? Contact Deanna Christiansen, Continuing Education Director