This self-guided, annual home tour showcases an impressive spectrum of residential design from our region’s talented architecture community. Featuring a mixture of new construction and remodels/additions, a range of project sizes, budget scopes, and neighborhoods, the event offers a close-up look at how an architect can transform ordinary living spaces into personalized homes by responding creatively to each client’s unique needs.
The Tour is Virtual This Year!
The Homes by Architects Tour is going virtual this year! Through this virtual experience, you will be able to explore the homes, remodels, and additions at your leisure from the comfort and safety of your home. No shoe covers, long car rides, bathroom stops, and fighting crowds to take in the fine architectural details and innovating solutions our tour homes feature. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to get inspired by the best in Minnesota residential architecture! View of a demo of what the virtual tour will look like here.
2020 Tour Homes
The 2020 tour features 17 new and remodeled homes throughout Minnesota. Click on an image to get a preview of the project. The virtual tour experience will be live on these pages September 26 through October 10.
Connect with the Architects!
Ticket holders will receive exclusive access to five virtual Architect Live Chats, sponsored by Pella Windows & Doors. These chats will occur during the tour weeks and will be moderated panels in which you can ask all of your questions!
– Monday, Sept. 28, 12:00–1:00 pm CDT: Ashley Mitlyng, AIA, Home 3, and Kelli Wegscheid, AIA, Home 15
– Friday, Oct. 2, 7:00–8:00 pm CDT: Michael Hanslick, AIA, Home 13, and Mark Tambornino, AIA, Home 4
– Monday, Oct. 5, 7:00–8:00 pm CDT: Chris Doehrmann, AIA, Home 7, and Eric Johnson, AIA, Home 12
– Wednesday, Oct. 7, 12:00–1:00 pm CDT: Tammy Angaran, AIA, Home 11, and Ryan Lawinger, AIA, Home 14
– Thursday, Oct. 8, 12:00–1:00 pm CDT: Christine Albertsson, AIA, Home 8, and Mark Larson, AIA, Home 9
Get your ticket now to attend the Architect Live Chats!
Join us for Instagram takeovers of the Homes by Architects Tour Instagram account to view behind-the-scenes insights and connect with the architects:
– Sunday, Sept. 27: Harmonious Architecture, Home 15
– Monday, Sept. 28: Aulik Design Build, Home 1
– Tuesday, Sept. 29: David Heide Design, Home 2
– Wednesday, Sept. 30: Christopher Strom Architects, Home 12
– Thursday, Oct. 1: Mitlyng Design, Home 3
– Friday, Oct. 2: Quartersawn Design Build, Home 13
– Saturday, Oct. 3: Peterssen/Keller Architecture, Home 11
– Sunday, Oct. 4: Chris Doehrmann Architect, Inc., Home 7
– Tuesday, Oct. 6: PLAAD, Home 5
– Friday, Oct. 9: Charles R. Stinson Architects, Home 6