AIA Minnesota is excited to announce that we will be sponsoring the AIA Materials Matter continuing education series in March, April, and May 2021. The delivery of this series in Minnesota is happening in collaboration with and using significant support from MSR Design.
Full Series Overview
Materials Matter is a five-session series delivering comprehensive, high-level knowledge and strategies for assessing and selecting healthy, sustainable materials. Sessions will delve into the impact of materials on the environment and human health, the tools and data available for assessing and prioritizing materials in terms of embodied carbon and ingredient transparency, and strategies for integrating informed decision-making into projects and practice.
Sessions will include presentations, panels, case studies, and activities. Speakers will include both Minnesota-based and national subject matter experts.
All sessions will be from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm CST with a one-hour break from 12-1:00.
Wednesday, March 24 – Healthy Planet: Materials + the Environment
Wednesday, April 7 – Healthy People: Materials Science + Human Health
Wednesday, April 21 – Tools of the Trade: Assessment + Implementation
Wednesday, May 5 – Just Do It: Strategies for Projects
Wednesday, May 19 – Beyond Transparency: Materials Disclosure + Practice
20 AIA HSW LUs will be provided for attending the entire series. Each session will provide 4.0 HSW LUs.
- $60 – Register for all five sessions.
- Register for one, two, three, or four of the individual sessions – $15 each
- Full-time students can attend free.
- Firms purchasing a series pass for $60 are invited to assign someone different for each of the five sessions. One attendee per session. (Your email confirmation will link to a form where you can identify who is attending each session.)
- Speakers receive discounted rates.