||Job Number: MSP120327
This position will collaborate with a multi-disciplined team of Architects and Engineers and be responsible for the architectural leadership for multiple projects that may be scheduled concurrently. Background in Healthcare design is a requirement for this position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review and discuss project goals, objectives, design standards and procedures with Project Manager, Director of Design and Director of Architecture.
• Provide information for and participate in various pre-design services such as: feasibility, site selection, and cost analysis. Knowledge and experience with programming is required.
• Develop, prepare and review drawings that show details of the structures and specify dimensions and materials, particularly building enclosures.
• Prepare code compliance evaluations and participate in reviews with various healthcare and governing agencies for code compliance in relation to zoning laws, fire regulations, building codes and other ordinances.
• Assist in the preparation of oral and written presentations on the design and production of projects assist in the presentation and explanation of proposals, reports and findings
• Attend internal meetings to ensure design specifications are coordinated with drawings.
• Coordinate information and work of a multi-disciplined team, including contractor and clients, throughout the development and contract document phases of a project
• Lead a team of architects, technicians and interns throughout the contract document phases of a healthcare project; serve as a mentor for less experienced Architects and developing Architectural personnel
• Provide strong technical detailing skills in a variety of construction materials and building types
• Report status of design process and cost analysis to appropriate Project Manager
• Performs other duties as assigned or instructed
• Ability to persuasively and visually communicate ideas
• Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with project personnel
• Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplined team
• Knowledge and proficiency of Microsoft Office applications, Revit and Auto CAD is required.
• Significant Revit experience is mandatory.
• Ability to formulate sound and educated decisions based upon available information; strong self-confidence
• Excellent time management and organization skills
• Excellent client management and customer service orientation and presentation skills
• Ability to be highly creative and bring abstract ideas into design
• Detailed understanding of various regulatory building codes related to healthcare or other medical projects
• Thorough working knowledge of current construction materials, methods and medical equipment used in a healthcare or medical environment
Education and License Requirements:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree from accredited college or university in Architecture
• Professional expertise demonstrated through +10 years of progressive experience working on healthcare or medical project types
• Registered Architect
• Current affiliation and/or membership of local, state, or national industry organization(s) is a plus
• LEED® Accredited Professional is a plus
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive Benefit package.
Apply online at www.leoadaly.com
Leo A Daly is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.