Provide technical support and design solutions to architects, field sales and inside sales in order to specify Viracon architectural glass products. Review pre-bid architectural specifications to position Viracon for success on the project. By interacting directly with architects via telephone and e-mail, provide input into the development of the proper selection and specification of Viracon’s architectural glass products for specific commercial and related building applications. (Limited Travel Position)
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Identify and manage Target Projects within a specific territory throughout the pre-bid phase.
2. Establish job records for lead tracking system and start the process flow of information between various Viracon areas of responsibility. (Outsides/Inside Sales, Technical Services, Materials Management and Market Forecasting.)
3. Identify major projects early in the architectural cycle, provide samples and help develop specifications.
4. Understand aesthetic and performance properties of Viracon’s products to provide superior solutions to architects.
5. Proactively follow up with architects on sample requests and other project leads.
6. Supply design assistance during architectural calls and consult with technical services as needed..
7. Provide performance numbers when required.
8. Conduct internal architectural presentations and tours for customer and architectural visits to Viracon.
9. Influence and assist the Architect or the design professional in the proper glass product selection, which meets the design objectives as well as all fabrication, building code and quality requirements.
10. Develop sample and or guide specifications as appropriate.
11. Provide training as needed to Inside Sales, Field Sales and customers on various technical issues, processes and competitive product information.
12. Provide input into the development of new AIA or other educational programs.
13. Provide architects with budget and return on investment costing as needed.
14. Assist in specification writing, as well as providing specification review services.
15. Keep abreast of territorial architectural glass trends, including energy codes, competitive pressures and other industry-wide changes to ensure that Viracon remains current in new products, design methodology applications and warranties.
A four year college degree in Design Architecture or Design Engineering or a two year degree with a minimum of six years fabricated glass sales experience.
Have a thorough understanding of Viracon product capabilities, manufacturing techniques and quality assurance methods.
Currently LEED Green Associate, LEED AP or ability to work toward a LEED Professional Credential.
Demonstrated ability to meet goals and work in a dynamic, changing environment.
Excellent communication, leadership and organizational skills.
Demonstrated ability to give presentations to large audiences.
Strong sales background with a technical aptitude.
Ability to communicate effectively and work as a team member.
Ability to take supervision.
Regular, full-time attendance.
Ability to read, write and understand work instructions (English).
Safely perform essential job responsibilities.
Promotes Viracon in a positive manner and obeys all policies.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer