1. Applies CAD expertise, Andersen product knowledge and knowledge of architectural technology in the creation of project solutions for use by Sales, Marketing, and architect/designer customers.
2. Develops intermediate level project solutions based on a clear understanding of the customers’ needs, Andersen’s architectural support tools and services, and the appropriate application of Andersen products.
3. Engages in frequent contact with internal and external customers to discuss architectural project issues. Conducts effective verbal and graphical communications to facilitate customer understanding of, and satisfaction with, the project solutions presented.
4. Initiates regular communications with teammates and other internal and external customers, setting expectations by effectively negotiating scope of work and delivery schedules in alignment with department strategies, ensuring customer needs are accurately and efficiently met, and that deliverables are provided in a timely manner.
5. Provides proactive support of the team’s architectural support tools and services projects.
6. Provides leadership for the development and ongoing maintenance of the team’s CAD drafting standards, documentation processes, archiving and document retention methodologies.
7. Coordinates workflow, makes work assignments and enforces work quality of contract drafters used in conjunction with the provision of architectural support services.
8. Conducts presentations and training sessions to share technical knowledge, especially in the context of designing with, specifying and installing Andersen products.
9. Stays abreast of current CAD and architectural technologies, and prioritizes their application to Andersen’s architectural support services.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
Associates level degree in architectural technology or related field and a minimum of two years of related work experience or a minimum of four years of experience in construction and/or window industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum Qualifications
• Associate of Science Degree with a minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in drafting or related area of work.
• Andersen Product Knowledge preferred.
• Technical Qualifications
• Functional 3D solid modeling CAD Skills (REVIT)
• Functional Design fundamentals
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of tools.
• Additional Qualifications
• Associates degree in drafting required.
• Experience required demonstrates an understanding of the basic principles and operation of a work area, with a growing ability to apply them in a variety of assignments
• Experience demonstrates a strong interest and basic aptitude to work in a technical and sales support role