||Studio Hive, Inc. is looking for a Interior architect or Interior Designer with 6 - 8 years of commercial interior design/interior architecture experience to join our team. At Studio Hive, you will join a creative and collaborative architectural and design team dedicated to innovative problem solving, quality design and superior client service.
• Collaborate/Create the design of interior environments for corporate, higher education and hospitality interiors projects. Responsibilities include programming, space planning, concept design, design development and client communications.
• Experience in the preparation of construction documents a plus.
• Finish and material selections, knowledge of local material resources
• Participate in selection of furniture, furniture systems and specifications
• Work with consultants, contractors and fabricators to meet overall project objectives and participate in the construction administration of projects by reviewing finish and material submittals
• Assist the project team and project manager in managing client expectations
• Contribute to the office by participating in collaborative brainstorms, office activities, and continuing education initiatives
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school of interior design or architecture
• Minimum of 6-8 years of related experience as an interior designer or in architect with a background in corporate interiors. A focus on workplace design and/or higher education markets preferred.
• Strong planning & design skills
• Ability to work in team environment with good collaboration skills
• Strong knowledge of the overall design process from programming through construction administration, including furniture, furniture systems, color and materials.
• Basic building code and ADA knowledge
• Presentation abilities, must be able to communicate design ideas and direction
• Proficiency in the use of AutoCad, photoshop, and Sketchup. Revit and Indesign preferred.