This position is responsible for the management, performance, and completion of small to large complex new construction and renovation projects to support the University's Capital Improvement Program, from initiation stage through planning, design, construction and occupancy. The Project Manager will act as direct liaison with the client, university internal partners, design team, contractors and other interested parties regarding project feasibility, design, scope and quality of the work, cost estimating, budget, cash flow management, schedule, and reporting.
-Four year degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or a related discipline and five (5) years of experience in institutional/commercial/industrial construction. An equivalent combination of related education and relevant experience totaling nine (9) years may be considered.
--Demonstrated experience/success managing to scope, schedule and budget for mid- to large complex construction projects.
--Work experience must include direct project management experience.
--Personal computer experience with strong skills in the use of word processing, spreadsheet, and graphics presentation for Windows (MS Office - Word, Excel, & PowerPoint).
--Experience working with confidential and sensitive information is required.
* Project management for design and construction of laboratory and/or mechanical systems projects
* Architect or Engineering license and/or electrical systems in the State of Minnesota.
* Experience with software database systems for project management, such as Unifier.
* Experience working with the University of Minnesota
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Knowledge of facilities planning and construction management processes and procedures.
* Knowledge of estimating, budgeting and scheduling practices.
* Knowledge of current status of costs of new construction, escalation factors and market trends.
* Knowledge of building codes and standards of practice.
* Knowledge of laws governing construction contracts and contracting.
* Knowledge of construction materials and methods.
* Skill in reading and interpreting plans and specifications and to compare them with the project's goals and construction progress.
* Knowledge of project delivery methods and the allocation of risks.
* Customer service and well developed oral and written communication skills with a diverse population.
* Organizational and time management skills.
* Ability to lead, manage and motivate project team to achieve the project's goals.
* Conflict management, negotiation and problem resolution skills.
* Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently, multi-task and establish priorities.
* Ability to work as a part of CPPM's team of Planners, Architects, Project Managers and Project Coordinators on large significant complex projects