Posted Monday, September 23
University of Minnesota - School of Architecture
Details and application available at https://hr.myu.umn.edu/jobs/ext/331338
Part time single semester academic for the 2019-2020 academic school year. Semester start dates are late August and late January. There are no benefits associated with adjunct teaching positions.
About the Position
The School of Architecture has periodic openings for adjunct instructors to teach non-studio courses, lectures or seminars, and to teach design based courses, studios or workshops. Courses vary from 2 credit half semester workshops of 6 class hours per week to 9 credit full semester studio courses of 12 class hours per week.
Instruction in the School of Architecture is carried out each year by tenured faculty members. However, as a professional practice field, we also rely heavily on adjunct instructors who have a proven history of providing quality instruction for one or more courses in their area of expertise per year. Currently adjunct instructors are hired to teach approximately half of the 130 architecture and design courses offered annually in the school.
We are committed to attracting candidates from historically underrepresented groups knowing that diversity enriches the academic experience and provides a knowledge base for innovation.
• Teach course/s, including development of course/s, syllabi and other instructional materials.
• Create a welcoming environment for students, faculty, staff and other constituents from diverse backgrounds.
• Integrate diversity in curriculum development, teaching, and program design.
• Hold weekly office hours.
• Consult regularly with the faculty program director.
• Participate in participate in a range of academic activities such as, curricular meetings, end of semester reviews, guest lectures etc.