Architect -1 Department of Natural Resources MN
Posted Monday, September 11
Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
Working Title: Architect 1 Job Class: Architect 1 Agency: MN Department of Natural Resources
•Job ID: 69073
•Location: St. Paul•Full/Part Time: Full-Time•Regular/Temporary: Unlimited
•Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
•Date Posted: 09/11/2023
•Closing Date: 10/02/2023
•Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Department of Natural Resources•Division/Unit: Operation Services Division
•Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift
•Days of Work: Monday – Friday
•Travel Required: Yes
•Salary Range: $32.71 – $46.82 / hourly; $68,298 – $97,760 / annually
•Classified Status: Classified•Bargaining Unit/Union: 214 – MN Assoc of Professional Empl/MAPE•FLSA Status: Exempt – Professional
•Telework Eligible: Yes
•Designated in Connect 700 Program for Applicants with Disabilities: Yes
Make a difference in the lives of Minnesotans.
The work you’ll do is more than just a job. Join the talented, engaged and inclusive workforce dedicated to creating a better Minnesota.
The Architect 1 position is located in St. Paul, MN and exists to provide full professional architectural design services and technical assistance for new construction, remodeling, and rehabilitation of DNR buildings and other infrastructure.
The position designs and prepares construction documents for projects assigned by the architectural supervisor to meet functional, aesthetic, sustainability, code, legal, schedule, and budget requirements designated by the project sponsor and as required by approving agencies.
1.Professional architectural work, including design, construction documents, specifications, constructionadministration, and warranty reviews for new and renovated buildings and facilities.
2.Assist and coordinate preparation of design drawings and construction documents of projects by othersincluding supervisor, other project teams, design professionals, drafting technicians, student interns, andoutside consultants.
3.Provide construction administration services and/or assist regional Management Resources representativesafter bid award and during the construction phase to assure that the completed project is implemented perthe contract documents.
This position has a flexible work arrangement and may be eligible to telework on a part-time basis which is subject to change. If approved, the employee would be required to complete a telework agreement.
• Three (3) years of experience as a Licensed Professional Architect in the State of Minnesota.
• Excellent communication skills are required, including the ability to listen to customer needs and develop clear project goals; the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing sufficient to present proposals, changes, and alterations to specifications and plans to individuals and groups.
• Knowledge of:
o Principles and practices of architecture sufficient to develop, design, and produce construction plans and specifications.
o Mechanical, electrical, and structural engineering disciplines sufficient to review projects and plans and advise on changes and modifications.
o Code and permit requirements.
• Ability to:
o Prepare architectural plans and specifications sufficient to communicate requirements to construction project management.
o Use current Revit and/or AutoCAD software with proficiency.
o Use Google SketchUp or similar software.
o Use Microsoft Office.
o Prepare documents and spread sheets needed to provide clear, concise communication of project schedules, estimated cost, and project program.
o Work well in a team setting and be a positive and productive team member.
• Demonstrated expertise in specialty areas such as: sustainable building design and renewable energy systems; construction phase administration; owner’s representative duties on out-sourced projects; and use of Revit, AutoCAD, and SketchUp or similar software to facilitate efficient design and documentation.
• Experience with historic rehabilitation projects and the State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO).
• Experience with an emphasis on quality control review of construction/bid documents and specification writing.
• B3 project experience (Minnesota Sustainable Building Guidelines).
• LEED certification or equivalent.
This position requires an unrestricted Class D Driver’s license with a clear driving record.
Applicants must have the ability to meet the physical requirements and work in the environmental conditions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
It is policy of the Department of Natural Resources that all candidates submit to a background check prior to employment.
The background check may consist of the following components:
• Conflict of Interest Review
• Criminal History Check
• Education Verification
• Employment Reference / Records Check
• License / Certification Verification.
How to Apply: Select “Apply for Job” at the top of this page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Jancis Curiskis at email@example.com or 651-259-5462.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to assist with the application process, please contact the ADA Coordinator at ADA.DNR@state.mn.us.
To receive consideration as a Connect 700 Program applicant, apply online, email the Job ID#, the Working Title and your valid Proof of Eligibility Certificate by the closing date to Hannah Ziemann at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Work for Us: Diverse Workforce
We are committed to continually developing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our state and the populations we serve. The varied experiences and perspectives of employees strengthen the work we do together and our ability to best serve the people of Minnesota.
A recent engagement survey of State of Minnesota employees found:
• 95% of employees understand how their work helps achieve their agency’s mission
• 91% of employees feel trusted to do their jobs
• 88% of employees feel equipped to look at situations from other cultural perspectives when doing their job
• 87% of employees report flexibility in their work schedule.
Our benefits aim to balance four key elements that make life and work meaningful: health and wellness, financial well-being, professional development, and work/life harmony. As an employee, your benefits may include:
• Public pension plan
• Training and professional development
• Paid vacation and sick leave • 11 paid holidays each year • Paid parental leave • Low-cost medical and dental coverage • Prescription drug coverage • Vision coverage • Wellness programs and resources
• Employer paid life insurance
• Short-term and long-term disability • Health care spending and savings accounts • Dependent care spending account
• Tax-deferred compensation
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Federal Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program Programs, resources and benefits eligibility varies based on type of employment, agency, funding availability, union/collective bargaining agreement, location, and length of service with the State of Minnesota.
Jancis L Curiskis