Posted Friday, August 30
Miller Dunwiddie is seeking a talented, motivated Architect with one to three years of professional experience as a licensed Architect in a design firm to join our team. The ideal candidate is passionate about architecture, has a strong design sensibility and appreciates the process of articulating design through the documentation and construction process. Successful candidates will work collaboratively with their teams to support, develop and coordinate the design and implementation of a full range of project types.
• Reporting to Principal-in-Charge, Project Manager and Project Architect
• Communication with internal and consultant teams
• Prepare complete documents to convey the design intent and philosophy as determined by the design team at all phases of design, from schematic design graphics to detailed construction documents for bidding.
• Building code research and analysis
• Produce detailed and coordinated digital documents for the project team
• Construction Administration coordination with the design team and contractor
• Work with all team members
• Ability to collaborate and coordinate with the entire team in innovative areas that include Energy/Performance Analysis, Design and Visualization.
• Work both independently in a self-directed manner as well as collaboratively within a project team.
• Excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills are essential
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills, a passion for discovery and constant improvement, high motivation, and an ability to collaborate and work within a team setting are essential.
• Diverse knowledge of architectural practices and design thinking that can be applied to a variety of assignments, taking initiative in response to direction or instruction.
• Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud and standard Microsoft Office software packages required.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Professional Degree in Architecture from an accredited university architecture program
• Registered Architect State of MN
• one (1) to three (3) years of professional architectural experience in an architect role.
• LEED AP is desirable as well as demonstration of a strong understanding of sustainable design.
• Proficiency and professional experience using Revit for project development and documentation
• Knowledge of SketchUp, V-Ray, Rhino, parametric modelling and advanced rendering are valued
• Knowledge of building and environmental analysis tools such as Ecotect or Sefaira is valued.
• Evidence of continuing professional development
• Great interpersonal communication skills strongly preferred
• Service for community and professional organizations valued.
Miller Dunwiddie offers an exciting working environment with competitive salaries that are commensurate with level of experience.
All inquiries should be made through our Human Resources system. A link to their website can be found at www.millerdunwiddie.com under the Contact Us heading. Please submit the completed application form along with your resume and any supporting information you believe relevant to the position you are applying for.
Miller Dunwiddie Architecture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status or disability. If you need special accommodation responding to this ad, please call (612) 337-0000.