Find balance in Rochester, Minnesota! Enjoy everything an urban metropolitan area offers, with bucolic fields, streams, and bluffs just minutes from the city’s center.
Widseth is a growing E/A firm with a solid history in this community. Widseth offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefit package—AND the opportunity to balance a diverse, urban lifestyle with open, rural spaces.
As an Architect at Widseth, you’ll work alongside a team of architectural professionals on projects across Minnesota and North Dakota. The variety of projects include schools, offices, state and municipal facilities, hospitality, industrial and institutional buildings.
If you have a passion to design a variety of building types, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
Your focus will be on:
• Interpreting design concepts and translating them into workable solutions and evaluate alternatives for cost effectiveness. Ensure corrections and clarifications are made.
• Implementing all local, state, and federal applicable building codes, constructability, and architectural standards of practice.
• Working efficiently and effectively under tight deadlines, as well as balancing multiple projects.
• Coordinating verbal and written communications with a multi-discipline team. Interacting with contractors and clients throughout the various phases of the project.
To be considered for this position you’ll need to meet the following minimum qualifications:
• Registered Architect in Minnesota.
• 5+ years’ architectural design experience preferred (should be able to showcase finished/built work).
• Knowledge of principles and practices of architecture.
• Must be able to lead teams on projects
• Advanced understanding of building codes; specifications and IBC.
• Strong Revit skills.
• Experience with SketchUp and Lumion.
Widseth is a thriving, well-established professional services firm providing architecture, engineering, land surveying, environmental, and associated services throughout the Upper Midwest. With more than 200 employees working from nine offices across Minnesota and North Dakota, Widseth combines the stability of a mid-sized firm with a small-firm experience.
We offer competitive compensation, discretionary annual profit-sharing and bonuses, health, life and disability insurances, paid time off, and paid holidays. EOE/AA