Posted Wednesday, May 11
Scalzo Architects. Ltd.
***Great opportunity for someone willing to relocate to our beautiful area! ***
Busy architecture and interior design firm seeking architect for immediate hire. Project types include health care, municipal/civic, commercial, education, housing and industrial.
Scalzo Architects seeks a talented designer who is personable, self-motivated and reliable for work on exciting projects of new construction, adaptive re-use, historic rehabilitation and preservation. Find your life/work balance in Duluth Minnesota and experience a quality lifestyle where economic development is providing a new energy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee the architectural process from initial design to the completion of construction
• Ensure that client specifications and expectations are fulfilled
• Review funds and estimates for assigned projects
• Maintain project files, including correspondence, drawings, and material samples
• Communicate with clients and contractors regarding changes
• Prioritize effectively in an energetic, team-oriented, but non-corporate working environment.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in architecture (through a program accredited by the NCARB)
• Licensed or Registered Architect (RA) strongly preferred
• Experience working in architecture firm; 5-10 years of experience
• Proficiency with 2D and 3D CAD tools
• Strong verbal and design communication skills, ability to coordinate with engineering disciplines
• Attention to detail and advanced technical ability to produce detailed construction documents
• Familiarity with building codes and construction standards
Compensation is competitive based on qualifications and experience. Generous benefits package includes employee health, life, short & long-term disability, PTO, paid holidays, retirement savings program with a company match and health saving account.