Architect – Healthcare
Posted Wednesday, July 24
Are you a lifelong learner with an avid curiosity for creating unique design solutions? If yes, look no further then Mohagen Hansen. We are a dynamic, growing firm that excels at mentoring and developing its talent, promoting a collaborative work environment and encouraging new ideas and approaches to design concepts.
Mohagen Hansen exists to serve our clients by doing what we love. We leverage our passion for design using our skills, talents and agility to meet our client’s needs.
In this role you will create design concepts, lead design efforts and work with and manage healthcare related client projects. You will also have opportunities to do medial planning.
This role will mainly consist of the following responsibilities:
Creating Design Concepts:
• Develops and creates design concepts for a variety of healthcare clients/projects, including inpatient facilities, specialty clinics, ambulatory surgery centers, behavior health and medical office buildings.
• Produces designs from presentation through construction drawings.
• Prepares and produces CAD/Revit drawings to create and document architectural designs.
• Provides creative design direction during the conceptual and schematic phases of projects.
• Collaborates with Principal, Project Manager and other team members to advance the design concepts.
• Opportunities to see projects from concept to completion.
Managing Client Relationships:
• Interface and lead client meetings to build long-term relationships.
• Interfaces with client on design issues and determines and develops architectural solutions.
• Communicates project status with owners, clients and developers.
• Reviews and prepares contract agreements with Project Managers/Principals.
Managing Client Projects:
• Assists with master planning, site planning and building planning and design efforts and documentation development.
• Coordination with outside disciplines such as Civil, Structural, Electrical and Mechanical and other consultants with the architectural designs.
• Reviews building codes to ensure that designs comply with minimum legal standards.
• Ensures timely and effective management and delivery of designs and plans to ensure project goals and objectives have been satisfied.
• Assists in the construction phase activities by reviewing shop drawings and creating a master log of the project submittals, as well as answering Request for Information (RFI) and Supplemental Information (SI) and preparation of change directives.
• Mentors design associates and directs staff members on architectural design concepts to create a learning and growing environment.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Bachelor of Architecture degree with at least five years of architecture and design experience with an emphasis in the healthcare industry. Master of Architecture preferred.
• Licensed Architect preferred or is in the process of obtaining an architectural license.
• At least three years of experience managing multiple project activities.
• Experience with site planning and medical planning.
• Construction administration experience required.
• Ability to design with and proficient in 3D software programs such as Revit, AutoCAD, Sketch-up, Lumion and other graphic platforms.
Mohagen Hansen is located about 15 minutes west of Minneapolis in Wayzata and close to Carlson Parkway which is near a regular metro bus route.
Mohagen Hansen Architecture | Interiors was founded in 1989. Since that time, the firm has evolved into a full-service architecture and interior design firm, today maintaining a staff of 42 full-time professionals. Our services include a full spectrum of programming, planning, design and interior design services to corporate office, government, healthcare, dental, financial and office/warehouse clients.
Learn more about Mohagen Hansen at www.mohagenhansen.com and apply today! Our application process takes about 5 minutes to complete.